Do opposites really attract?

Personally, I don't think I could ever get along with someone I'm not compatible with. I think 'opposites attract' only really works for a short period of time before things fizzle out.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• For short term yes. For long term, no

What Guys Said 4

• Opposites attract refers to when two people together are better than apart. Like you're good at something I'm bad at, and vice versa, so when we're together we help eachother in those areas.

Still have to be compatible otherwise

• Yes i believe opposites do attract

• I think they do. I'm a white American with German descent, blond hair, blue eyes and I'm not attracted to women who look like me at all. I like foreign women a lot!

• Opposites attract means, you're drawn to the person that isn't EXACTLY like you, but, is close enough, that's how most relationships are. They don't agree with you on every single thing you say

• So you're saying that it's only complete opposites that don't work out?

• Yeah

• I agree

What Girls Said 2

• Within reason, it works.
    If you were raised hardcore Amish, you probably won't mesh too well with a pot-smoking, very liberal individual. If both of you are somewhere in the middle, it could be fine. You guys will sort of balance each other out.

When I got with my boyfriend, I was into partying, drinking, the whole 9 yards, Him, not so much. Never had a clubbing phase, didn't enjoy drinking. Left me wondering what we'd do when we hung out. Over time though, he kind of tamed me. I got him to loosen up a bit too. We met in the middle at having drinks together once a week. :)

• No, I would have a hard time relating to someone who was completely opposite of me. For example, I am very extroverted. I probably could not deal with an extreme introvert.