A guy I had started talking to, just started dating someone else. It wasn't serious between us, but I'm confused over the situation?

So I somewhat know the guy because of me helping my dad out with his job. So while I was there i I heard him make a comment about me to one of my dads guys (I had just brushed it off & took it as a compliment). So fast forward to May I sent him a friend request , he accepted within half an hour so I got all giddy, but didn't say anything til about a week or two ago. So bottom line I asked him out to drinks and he said he was busy , but can we reschedule to the next week, I said yes, but no answer and now he apparently has a girlfriend.

• Should I ask him what's the deal?
  • Or don't say anything to him & avoid him at all costs?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can still be his friend, as long as that's all you want to be. If you want anything more, you're best to stay away.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know if avoidance at all costs is neccesay, but it sounds like you read way more into it than was there.

• I think you read more into it.

What Girls Said 1

• Walk away with your dignity. This is the kind of thing that happens when people are not upfront about their intentions with you.