Guys: would you date a funny girl?

I'm the kind of chick who can make a man laugh until he craps his pants. I make all my guy friends laugh, I do impersonations, accents, characters, you name it. I always try to cheer up my friends or lighten up the mood by jokes or being funny. I laugh at their jokes too.
I wanted to know if guys would date a funny girl? My brother told me personally he finds a funny girl annoying and that guys would rather have a chick who laughs at their jokes or gets their jokes rather than she be the funny silly one. It's "unlady like" and "not very feminine or flattering." I don't know what to do. That explains why I've been friend zoned so much hahaha. Tell me, would you date a funny chick?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends, there is a time for jokes and there is a time for seriousness. If its appropriate then yeah but if she is trying to crack jokes all the time then she will come off as entertainment not romantic. Like you said one of the guys you have fun with not a girl to romance. A good sense of humor is great but you may want to work on timing when you joke around. Imagine a first date with a guy where he just fires off a joke every couple of seconds, entertaining? Yes. Romantic? No. That might be the problem your having. Then you also have the fact that humor does tend to be a guy trait so its a little odd to see it in a woman to a significant degree (not that women can't be funny but it tends to be more concentrated for lack of a better word, in men) So yeah long story short, I would date a woman who was funny, if she didn't have a sense of humor I don't think she would be interested in me to begin with (bit of a joker myself) and she would be too boring for me, but she would have to be able to balance it with a more feminine/romantic side.

What Guys Said 9

• I think society had forced men to be funny and develop a sense of humor because without it they will most likely never have any success with girls. Women don't need to be funny to attract men, but, of course, there are other qualities they need to have and work on. That being said, a girl with a sense of humor is not a bad thing at all, it is just not required (as it is among women). In fact, I LOVE funny girls. My sister is funny and I always have fun with her. I am not sure I have met a lot of funny girls in my life, but I have always liked the ones that were funny. Being funny implies having an excellent degree of wit, and a witty woman makes many men uncomfortable, so maybe that's why you are being 'friend-zoned'.

• Why not lol? I love a good laugh anytime :D Now try and make me laugh!

• And fuck the unlady thing. Who cares about acting like a lady? I don't, as long as you can make me laugh, I'll like you for who you are!

• Being funny would be an added bonus rather than a priority if I want to date someone. Being just funny makes you an 'entertainer'. If someone wants to find a 'lover' they will look for other traits instead.

• That's actually been a deciding factor for me in the past, I've been unsure about her and then she said something hilarious and I was like yep, I'm going for it. So yes. lol

• Yes hekk yes girls aren't really that funny in. The first place ( in my opinion ) so it rare. I would like to be around that person

• yes of course lol not even a question, but it would depend on the guys sense of humor, jokes that aren't funny to him will come off as annoying.

• If she's hot in my book yes otherwise , no

• If u made me laugh then of course

• I love funny chicks. Those guys either lack self esteem or want submissive women.

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend actually told me that he liked me because of my humor