I am 23 starting college, am I too old for the girls in my class?

I am single and 23, I feel like a bunch of 18-19 year old girls will find it weird to date a guy my age. I worked for 5 years to save up money for college. Now I am 23 starting with a bunch of 18-19 year olds.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 23 and I just finished my last year of college in April. The girls were 18-19 some even 17, fresh out of highschool. Did I feel wierd? Yeah I did. But that's natural. So just focus on school, you sound like you already plan on dating so good luck. Just remember they're young and some might be immature. Treat them with respect, have fun and be yourself. There's no law against that.

• did they feel weird? I don't want to make these girls uncomfortable, even though from what I understand girls seem to prefer men a few years older than them, but at 18-19 I wonder if they are uncomfortable.

• No, they thought it was interesting too find a person my age just going into college. I told them I wanted too take my time and figure out what I TRULY wanted too do instead of wasting thousands on some program I'd later have no interest in. I think they find that admirable. I like too think I'm mature for my age and I think they saw that. The fact that you think the girls would be uncomfortable, chances are they probably will be if you keep up that mindset. Just be confident in your values. 23 is not a late age too be in post secondary.

What Girls Said 2

• not at all. I think once you leave school, age really isn't an issue any loner, it is all merely based on connections and getting on with that person very well:)

• Naah its not a weird age gap

What Guys Said 2

• I would not bother with the girls in your class. From my experience many of the girls at college are still pretty immature not all but many are. I would just focus on your work.

• I don't think so man, 5 and 4 years isn't such a big age gap, not at your age.