Is being ugly just a disadvantage in trying to find a boyfriend/girlfriend?

If you're really ugly are you automatically at a disadvantage in life compared to someone that is clearly beautiful like Ronnie Banks, Julia Kelly, or some other model?

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing as ugly is subjective, no. I don't even think Ronnie Banks is cute. Someone thinks you're attractive. Lack of confidence could be a factor as well.

• Just because just because subjective doesn't mean it doesn't effect your chances. People might consider different things attractive but some people will look unattractive to most people and others will look attractive to most people, which will obviously be an advantage or disadvantage.

• Yes it does need to be globally otherwise you're basically guessing in your small reality. And it is true that EVERYONE is BOTH unattractive and attractive to someone. Not simultaneously. What are you not getting because this is very simple?

@Asker That's BS. If a guy didn't walk up to me and I found out that he was interested but he was a bit too shy, I'd be turned off because he didn't do anything. We know if a guy is confident if he walks up to us and tells us he's interested---he had the balls to do that. That's confidence.

• I don't think you realize that being shy doesn't automatically mean you lack confidence

What Girls Said 6

• Yes. It's the law of nature. However, ugly, beautiful, hot, and sexy are subjective. Like I don't find Chrissy Teigen model material at all but she appeared on Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover.

I've never heard of these people. Are they internet celebs?

• sadly, it kinda is :( it's very rare that people would approach or show interest in someone if they thought that person is ugly

• You're spot on. I've asked our several girls and they all said no and I think is because I'm ugly. Hopefully I'll meet a girl who likes me for me!!

• Thanks for the words of encouragement! I gotta think positive, why go around acting miserable just because I've never had a girlfriend at age 20? That'll get me nowhere, plus there are a lot of worse things that could happen then getting rejected by women. One day a girl has to say years, so I'm not worried

• @Thebeast34 more people should follow how you think! :) It's great! and yes that day will be one amazing day for you, goodluck!! :)

• yes that's for sure. it's sad but everyone loves eye candy, when i was 13 and obese everyone told me that i will never find a boyfriend because I'm so ugly and fat but now I'm 17 and everything changes, people are cruel

• Sure it's a disadvantage, but plenty of "ugly" people have found love. And not because of money either

• Overall yes. If they think your ugly, chances are they won't make any effort to approach or get to know you.

• No. What you lack in facial features you can make up in other ways. Like working out to have a nice body, dressing well and being confident. Your attire, attitude and confidence level plays a big role in your sex appeal and that can attract pretty girls too.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes it is. I'm 20 and I'm pretty ugly. I've never been on a date or even held a girls hand. Some people have multiple kids by my age and I can't even get 1 single date. It sucks but at least I have my health, I guess.

• I think it's a disadvantage in life