Guys, why would a guy say he's too "lazy" to go after a really hot girl?

What could this mean?

Insecurity? Are they more difficult to go after?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Insecurity to some extent, but also the fact that hot girls get approached more often. I only dated a stereo-typically 'hot-sexy' girl once in undergraduate. We would go out on Friday nights and if I left her alone for a minute even there was always some guy talking to her... I never once thought she would cheat or felt threatened, but it is more work for sure...

The only fight I have ever got into was with her, some guy actually pulled us apart while dancing and started dancing with her. I explained we were dating and he said to fuck off, so ya... I had another guy once flirt with her after I said we were together... it is emasculating to constantly feel like you have to prove to society that yes, this girl who is insanely attractive does in fact like me and not some cheater...

Either way, we broke up for other reasons, but I have never gone after a girl of her looks again because of this...

What Guys Said 14

• Really hot girls have expectations. They want a guy who looks as hot as she thinks she does. It`s a lot of work. To hell with them lol

• You said it insecurity, they think (hell I think) attractive women are to good for themselves and would never say yes to themsleves, I'll tell you my philosophy with women Im no Chantum Tatum, so if I see a smoking beautiful women at the beach or etc. I wouldn't ask them cause they would say no and create embarrassment for myself, and them, so I rather just avoid the embarrassment all together.

• If a girl is hot and she knows it, shew will expect a guy to do a lot more than more insecure girls. I guess such a girl would just be more work and I understand why one would be too lazy to deal with it.

• I usually don't even bother with stereotypically attractive women that would be considered 10's by most guys. I'm average looking but those girls must get hit on all the time that the work needed to get her attention and then keep it seems out of my means. Only time I've dated really hot girls was when they were friends with me first and got to know me and asked me out. So calling it what it is: insecurity.

• They make it a lot of work to get them, playing hard to get, setting rules and all that. I think if two people like each other it should flow naturally not be some step by step process.

• A hot girl has her pick of guys, so he figures it would be hard work to keep her - more effort than it would be worth.

• he's insecure and is just making up excuses all guys want a hot girlfriend

• Maybe he thinks he can't get her? Or maybe he has issues and isn't ready to talk to girls at the moment?

• makes sense. This guy who I was kinda interested in posts that on twitter all the time, and in person he told me he's too lazy to go for girls.

• Ya, and he just needs time.

• Because hot girls are often high maintenance and make guys jump through a bunch of humiliating hoops to start a relationship with them.

• Yes, really hot girls are much more costly (in every respect) to pursue, and have a VERY low chance of choosing any particular suitor.

• How are they more costly to pursue? Cause they don't just sleep with you on the first date, etc? So it takes more time.

• @Asker
      No, it doesn't take more time. Nor is sex expected on the first date, generally. But I get the sense that this wasn't really a question, but a shaming deflection.

• No it was a legit question, some guy told me that and I didn't understand. Don't make assumptions, its very annoying @transigence

• I don't put weman in hot or ugly status but yea hot girls or more high class and think there shit don't stink and me and girls like that don't get alone because I won't put up with it so its more of just waisting my time then lazy lol

• Chasing girls usually takes more effort than it's worth

• Sounds like it takes him more effort or an excuse for being shy or fearing rejection.

• he's hot , popular around town and could get anyone he wants. He's a local rapper, has a kid, etc.

• I guess he has a lot on his hands.. I just dont see how a girls level of attractiveness has anything to do with it.

• It doesn't in my opinion. Unless he feels that he has to do more or she'll leave. Too high maintenance?

• It would usually mean he considers the girl out of his league and going after would just result in being turned down

• But the guy who said this could get anyone he wants. He's a local rapper, very attractive, but he also has a kid and a baby mama who he isn't with. I just don't get why he wouldn't want someone in his life, especially when he has a kid and a good job and a hobby in music.

• @Asker
      If that's the case, then he probably does have people in his life to limited degrees. If I were a wealthy rapper, I probably wouldn't have "a girlfriend" either.