Girls, How do girls view online dating?

The reality is that, unless you want a multi-millionaire boyfriend. You guys are outnumbered anywhere from 4:1 POF to 80:1 phone chat lines. I would imagine it would feel amazing to be bombarded by members of the opposite sex any time you wanted and just to be able to turn it on and off whenever you wanted. but I am not a girl. So how do you feel about this phenomenon.

9

Most Helpful Girl

• I married a man from Egypt who had found me on Facebook Over four years ago. I ended up going twice out there to be with him and we later tied the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I stayed in is small village for awhile and later On... I returned to the states.
    We have had our ups and downs in our LDR marriage and Break up and Make up all of the time for many different personal reasons, mainly because I have not gone back out in a very long time to see him because the Middle East has grown so very bad since my return home.
    However, taking a break from him, times we have split up, I have gone Comfortably again to Online dating. I have One in particular that I use and have had some good luck just going out and dating.
    Online dating isn't for everyone. However, last night on TV I heard E-Harmony has hooked up many couples and with this, Marriage, and the numbers are growing and growing.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 8

• It can be a good way to meet someone. It's basically been the only way I've been getting dates.

But ya sometimes it feels more like work answering all those Hi - how are you? - what's up? messages so you stop replying at some point and still it takes a lot of time and work to find a good date

• The thing is, a lot of profiles that are girls are fake. They are either not who they say they are, are fatter, older, etc., or it's some kind of money scam. I've heard of a lot of unsuccessful attempts at guys meeting girls who they think are great on dating sites. I think the real ones would have some success.

• I'm going on my sixth date on Friday with a guy I met through OKC, with a seventh on Saturday. We've been dating for a little over 3 weeks now. He's actually the first guy I've gone on a date with through online dating, and we talked online for around four months before meeting in person. I'm lucky- he's pretty awesome, although I won't lie and say there are plenty of creeps in the world of online dating.

• there's a lot of competition and I think its better not to put all your eggs in one basket. Its better to go outside and meet people but its also good to have another way of meeting people at the same time

• The thing about the female profiles though, is that a large portion of them are fake. They either don't look like that, are older, heavier, and there's a lot of people patrolling with money scams. I think the actual legit ones that are not lying would have better luck.

• @onyx277 seriously? o_o money scams.
      Thats really killing the experience
      A friend did tell me the other day on okcupid that he met a few girls but they lied in their bios and looked different

• Yep. I hear that happening a lot with men meeting women. Yeah that's the new catfish trend these days is scamming for money, instead of just lying about who you are.

• ehh I don't like it...

• Only pretty girls get that much of attention online

• Actually, I am part of two online dating websites. Been on them for a year. I am not a fan of them. I feel guys are looking for this "perfect" girl aka the model. Let alone, I was catfished by one guy. So, honestly I hate online dating and prefer to approach a guy in public than do online. Plus, have 40+ year old men hitting on you is not flattering.

• Online dating... EEK! For me, i am a very open minded person but i still would not go for online dating. I have bad enough social skills and i think meeting a SO online would be so weird! I would a billion times rather naturally stumble into a guy i like and begin to like him in person, real life, than sign up to get guys who are interested in me. Everything would feel so forced and not genuine and i would feel more pressure. Also, just me, i like to start out friends and then take it a step further. And i don't think guys on dating sites would want to be friends first for the modt part. I think online dating is 100% not for me.