What's the best way to approach my girlfriend about her mom's death today?

Needless to say we are both upset. I'm just trying to find a good way to talk with her about it. Just I can't say her mom is going to a better place. She's atheist. .. her mom died of stage 4 breast cancer.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG I feel for you because a month ago today, my bfs dad died of metastatic cancer and it is awful to not be able to help.

I would suggest you let her know she doesn't need to talk so just take care of her. Nothing you can say right now will be the right thing, she needs to be in her own head without you in it. when she wants you she will come to you. I had to learn the hard way that they come when they need us so ensure she is fed, loved, and looked after and wait.

My condolences xx

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• My dad died last year.
    Just pass on your condolences, let her know your there for her and anything she needs/wants from you..
    And let her come to you at her own pace, everyone grieves differently.

• Just say how her mom was in a lot of pain and that she's no longer suffering.

• Just be there for her.