How to get over someone who doesn't care?

I let a guy basically treat me like shit because I really liked him and was insecure.
I'm sick of giving him chances and I just want to move on
but I don't know how to do that when I miss him (or maybe just the idea of him) and I keep thinking about him.
I don't know what to do from here :(
tips from people who have been here?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I have to move on, I do things to get myself out of the house and keep that person off my mind.
    Hang out with friends and let your mind slowly escape him, get back to doing things that you were doing before you met this person, take a class on something that you're curious about.. Workout or go running, channel your emotions through this and chances are you'll start to feel better.
    This next one might seem a bit strange, but go out with your friends to places that you've been to with this guy. It'll overwrite those memories with new ones and it'll will and make it easier in the long run. You don't want to avoid places due to memories that remind you of him.
    Let your emotions out naturally, don't keep the sadness, tears or hurt locked up inside of you, because it will build and one day it'll explode and it won't be pretty; trust me.
    Lastly, don't be afraid to talk or flirt with new people, I know it might be difficult to let people in, but they can unknowingly help you move on. That's how it happened for me, I met someone new, I opened up to her and we became became friends.

• That's some good points, thanks :)
      It's hard for me to keep busy because I'm saving money for a trip so I'm a bit limited haha
      But I like the idea of overwriting memories of certain places

What Guys Said 3

• If you find the answer to this one. Let me know what to do. I've spent many days trying to forget her and it's hard since she sits a few feet down from my desk at work. I guess it doesn't help I listen to music that reminds me of her. I actually thought about making a mix cd for her. To see what she would say. Maybe she will get the message, right now she acts like she hates me

• Hang out with friends.

• it's esasy y

What Girls Said 3

• If you feel he doesn't care, it's time for you to start not caring either. I know you do, but the thought of not deserving being treated in that way will give you the strength to start not liking him. He might be gorgeus and smart and blahblah, but if he's willing to treat someone like shit, he's not much of a great candidate, is he? ;)
    Most of us feel insecure when we like someone sooo much. So first thing to do is put him down that high pedestal you put him in.
    I hope it helped :)

• Did you like him because he treated you like shit? It doesn't make sense.

• Try to meet new men, even though you dont like them much, also try online.