What do you think about having a relationship with a guy who is three years younger?

I am 22 and this is my first relationship of all time. He is also my best friend. My family and friends are mostly supportive. I don't really care about others opinion because i love him. I only have this feeling inside that i am doing something wrong or it won't work out somehow because of the age difference. I am so afraid to loose him. I would feel a bit better if some of you would be in the same situation. Please share your experiences about it. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not common that a girl dates younger.
    But really guys do this all of the time.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Besides it being uncommon,
    I think one of the reasons people think it's odd is because women are known to be more mentally mature than men.
    So, although you're dating only 3 years younger... it looks as if you're dating 6 years younger.

Don't feel odd about the slight age difference.
    Love sees no age, color, or gender.

Generally you both are within the same range and still have a lot in common.
    It's not like you're dating a 15 year old.

What Guys Said 3

• doesn't really matter. it only matters to the people involved. its a 3 year gap, that's nothing.

• 3 years is nothing. If you guys are into each other go for it.

• sure. 3 years is nothing.

What Girls Said 2

• You're not wrong, all though its rare based on maturity, however if he seems to enjoy you and it's mutual not to mention you have the support of your family and friends is great! Very encouraging, so don't lose hope, things work out because they're meant to.

• my husband is three years younger than me, and its worked out just fabulous. just depends on the guy, really. as long as you guys are compatible and are the same maturity, and want the same things you'll be great together :)