I feel extremely insecure about my body for many reasons... and I'm going on a date with this guy that I really like finally! many altercations HELP?

i'm finally going on a date with a guy that i really like, but were going swimming... and i feel extremely insecure about my body. Telling a guy about your insecurities is honestly a big turn off ( so i've heard). But when i was younger i was sexually assaulted, i also made the mistake of cutting myself at one point. thank god there not all over just on the upper area of my left arm. My biological mother would also take her cigarettes and burn me with them when i was younger. So now i have a bunch of brown round scars on my arms and legs. What should i wear? waht should i do? waht if he asks me waht they are? really need advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't sound like swimming was a good idea if you're not ready to tell him about all that. Hopefully he has the good taste to not ask any questions and just enjoy your company.

If he does ask, you have two choices. Be honest or tell him you aren't ready to talk about it. Both risk turning him off. If it were me I'd rather that you told me, because having someone open up to you feels good.

What Guys Said 1

• Just wear whatever swimsuit you're comfortable in. If he asks I think you should tell him the truth. If he doesn't want to date you because of some scars he isn't the type of guy you want to be with.

What Girls Said 1

• wear something that covers you up if it makes you feel better.