Should I start dating online?

I don't really know if I want to. For sure I want to love someone but I don't feel the magic in meeting online, I'm afraid to be disappointed or to disappoint the guy too.
Thats like my love life will never happen. I don't go out to parties and all so I haven't a lot of meeting spot anyway, so I told myself if I don't date online I will never feel love again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nearly five years ago, a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we had started a whirlwind romance. I got to know him quite well, along with his family, on Skype, and then months later, I flew off to the magical land of Cairo, where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that I returned to him 3 months later and it was at the Ministry of Justice where we ended up tying the knot.
    I am back in the states and although we have had much strife in our life, we Break up and Make up all the time because I have not been back to be with him for a very long time, have even cheated and Now... I have lost a lot of respect from his strict family, although I know this man loves me still unconditionally.
    I take my breaks from him, and yes, I have gone back Online to dating but Not to be in any sort of relationship. Just having dinner out, nice convo and a nice friendship, is all I have found because No one can come close to the man I still love.
    You should give it a whirl and see if it is right for you. In the comfort of your own home, you can create a nice profile with a reputable dating site and choose who you might like to go out with and see if he is for you and if Online is as well.
    Online or Off, it all depends on God and Mother Nature. You will 'Never feel love again' if you at least don't try with another guy.
    For me, for he used to tell me More than once when we were doing Facebook: I never had such 'Magic' as I had when we did Facebook together and when we found one another and fell in love.
    Good luck. xx

• I might be getting you mixed up with someone else, but I'm sure it's you -- didn't he go back to the US with you and you lived together in the US? Sorry if I sound nosey, but I thought you were even married to him, and you had a great relationship. The description you give sounds like things didn't turn out as you hoped. :( I'm sorry for that, and was a bit surprised to read this.

• I'm not from the USA, there's so many people who wants to live in Europe especially France, because we have much help for those who needs.

• Oh, lucky You, sweetie, you don't live in the USA... If only people who scam others for visa would realize it is not all That. lol.. I am sure if you go online though and create a nice profile, you will find someone in Europe... Your style. xx

What Guys Said 3

• well you won't disappoint each other if your pictures are accurate and you exchange numbers and talk on the phone before meeting. well... you won't disappoint each other AS MUCH as if you didn't do those things lol.

• Yes, my pictures are myself but my flaws are pointed out so I guess guys do the same!

• Date online. Don't worry about connecting via email. Connect on a first meet/date. The emails are for filtering out weirdos and establishing common interests.

That said. Protect yourself. Meet in public places. Coffee dates are perfect for meeting guys from dating sites, since it's public and during the day usually. Being inexpensive and informal helps too.

• I didn't thought about pervers you scare me

• Wasn't my intention! Keep it public till you're comfortable with a guy. You'll be safe. :)

• Go in online dating with not much expectations and you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 1