Calling an ex after a month and a half: Phone conversation idea

INTRO: Hey, how are you? I just wanted to see how you were since I haven’t talked to you in a while. I know you moved up a rank, and I was just going to see how you liked it, and I also have something else to tell you, but I’ll get to that later.

HE MIGHT TELL ME HOW HE LIKES IT WHAT IS GOING ON: I can make a joke, about him getting anymore grey hairs or if the job was easier or only more stressful…. That is really awesome you moved up, I’m glad you are getting better, and moving up in ranking. That is really cool. I can remember you telling me how nerve wracking the board went.

HE MIGHT THEN ASK HOW I’M DOING: I’m good, I’ve been pretty excited to be graduating. I’m almost done in about three days. I found out that I might be getting a car after graduation. He might ask how that is possible: Apparently I had this trust fund all along and now I can basically be independent, move out get a job, invest the money into a business if I wanted. It’s actually pretty crazy how things have been working out lately. I’m going to a shooting range on Saturday. Lol, I’ll see how that works out.

But, on the other hand, the main thing reason I called was to really talk about us. I know it has been a really long time since we talked, and the last time I was really really emotional. I mean I’m not sure what really happened to us. It just kind of felt like things were fine, and then an emotional turmoil took over. And then we were breaking up. I know you had your reasons for ending it, and I know we never got to really speak after rationally about it, without putting our emotions forth afterwards. I know I wasn’t thinking with my head at the time. But the point of the matter is, I just don’t want to go making the same mistakes I did in this relationship when the next one rolls by.

I mean I know you lost feelings for me, and there is a reason for that.

HE MIGHT EXPLAIN:

I MIGHT ASK SOME QUESTIONS TOO.

I WILL SAY: Thank you for letting me know that. I know what to work on now.

And I just wanted to say I'm truly sorry we never worked out. I'm glad I got to spend time with you while I did. You were a good friend

, and I'm glad I got to share a lot of great memories with you. It was fun while it lasted. I know you'll be fine without me, as I will be fine without you. I wish you the best in life, and I hope the coast guard brings you everything you had hoped for. I'm sorry we didn't work out. I just wanted to say good bye one last time for good. I won't contact you anymore.

We dated for 2 years, and talked everyday on the phone.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• First off, I'm sorry how confused you must feel. It's like losing your best friend, I understand.

Just text him congrads on moving up. I'm proud of you.

Let him led the conversation. If you reach out to him first, he might think that your congrads isn't for him to feel better, it was for you to find a way to talk about you.

Guys like to feel appreciated and that all their hard work is valued some how.

But I will give you the best advice right now. Don't do anything. That's right I said it. Nothing. Once you start working with this distance between you to rather than working against it, you will see that it gets easiler to move on. Not only that once you "turn him off" in your mind, he will be "turning you on" in his. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. You need to make him miss you and that is the best thing you can do for yourself and for him. Because all those answers you want to give him will show him how much you still care and we value what we work for. So let him work for your attention and your congrats. By doing nothing, you will never make yourself look bad in his eyes. He will see that you are strong and moving on. That is very attractive in a man and a woman. we all want what we can't have... So don't let him have you, not your tears, your honestly, your love, or your friendship. You owe him nothing!

You reaching out may also back fire. You might be worse off than you are now if you contact him. I say this because it seems like your reaching out to him to get a reaction from him. What if it isn't the reaction you wanted? What if he tells you to thanks now leave me alone. Will you be able to handle that?

• Ok so the phone conversation is a mistake. I'd still like to be friends one day though. What's a good time and date to set to try and be friends again? A year? Five Months? Six months no contact? Now?

I mean maybe he doesn't want to be friends? He at one time thought he was going to marry me, maybe it's easier for him to forget me. I just don't know.

• What is being his friend really gonna do for you? If it is gonna help you move on, then sure try to be his friend. But if your trying to be his friend to get him back... That might back fire. Ask yourself this, if you are his friend and his current flame asked him not to speak to you anymore if he wanted that relationship to work. Could you say goodbye to him, again?

• I think that planning a phone conversation is a mistake.They never go according to way you think it will.If you feel ready to talk to him then just start with how are you? and see where it goes from there...but what I don't understand is what is the point in calling him if you don't want a friendship with him? Just leave it alone,don't even bother to call if your just going to say bye forever at the end