Will a Relationship between a Jock and a Nerd workout?

I'm an intellectual being. the Guy who's asking me out is a Jock.
He is a nice guy. pretty fit and handsome. He goes against all my rules but I can't help but feel attracted to him.
I feel like I'm betraying myself.
Should I give it a shot?

Thank you !

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• I don't see a problem with that. Aren't people allowed to have different interests in life? Why you think you'd be betraying yourself and why is it against your rules? I think you're being a little prejudicial, don't you agree?

• yes ! maybe I am. I just think we don't have a lot of things in common and I have this perfect Guy image that I created and Found people who matched it... that's why I'm wondering. whould I stick with my perfect image or should I go out there !

• I think you should be open-minded with this. Try, what do you have to lose? Maybe this will make you see a whole new world that you have been missing. Sometime swe get so attached to our own world and idealizations that we don't realized how restricted they are. Happiness lies outside our confort zone :)

• Define jock. Like he's athletic and exercises or he "acts" like a jock?

• First one. he's interested in exercising more than other things.
      I am not :\

• I don't think it's a problem then. Also because he exercises doesn't mean he doesn't care for more academic fields.

• he's just not into books other than what he needs to get through college.

• I don't see why not

• You've been watching too much tv lately, haven't you.

• I haven't watched TV in 4 years x'DDDD I had an unfortunate previous experience !

What Girls Said 2

• Opposites attract. Give it a go. You can't really think it's not going to work out, give him a chance.

• it can work out.