Is the stigma of firefighters being cheaters predominantly true?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• The problem with people who have cheating tendencies is how often they might have the opportunity. A lot of people who have careers where they work opposite shifts as their partner, or need to spend a lot of time away from home is always a challenge. My father was a policeman and had the opportunity to cheat on my mother and did. His job was stressful, he had the time away from her during the day when he had a nightshift, and he was also an asshole.

Guys who continuously have women throwing themselves at them doesn't help either and it seems men in uniform who appear to be protectors, as well as men who are successful and celebrated such as famous people will all have more opportunities to give in if the right cute chick puts herself in the line of fire and he happens to feel vulnerable or unhappy in his relationship/marriage.

So that's why I voted yes. Now, before I get roasted here, I understand not ALL firefighters are cheaters. I get this. I've known a few that are decent. But if you factor in a lot of what I've said, then there is a better opportunity to cheat if they're already weak. Plus, look at the jackasses that just get in to firefighting because they want to be perceived as a stud. Same reason why skinny little pukes want to become rockstars. Usually part of their wish is to just get laid.

What Guys Said 4

• Every firefighter I've ever known has been a tremendous attention whore... but I doubt that many of them cheat... though you do get women mercilessly flinging themselves at firefighters, and firefighters work long irregular hours so there would be plenty of opportunity.

• No we have a close family friend who's a fire fighter and he is very loving and loyal to his wife they have a kid as well, my cousin's husband is also a firefighter and is also very loving and loyal to her they have 1 kid and another on the way.

• I didn't even know that stigma existed which is stupid. Does society want to put such a stigma on the people that might be the one thing between them and a painful death by fire...

• All the firefighters I know are faithful

What Girls Said 2

• That's like saying "once you go black, you never go back" since they all supposedly have big d***s or "white men can't dance". You can't group a whole by a few.

• Never ever heard that.