Girls, should a guy ask a girl on a date or ask her to hang out?

So there's this girl I just met a few days ago, and she's really cool. Like REALLY cool. And I really like her (in a romantic way) and I want to ask her out on a official date. But I'm not sure if I should directly say, "Do you want to go on date with me this weekend?". I want to, but I'm sure how she'll respond... I feel like I'd make her a bit nervous because it seems like "a big thing". Should I just ask her if she wants "to hang out" instead? This seems more laid back and no pressure on her, but I'd feel it'd be too casual and the last thing I want to do, is to make her think that I just want to be friends :(

• Ask her on the date.
    57% (16)
  • Ask her to hang out.
    43% (12)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
If you could explain your answer, that'd be cool.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her to hang out, then while you're hangin out, ask her how'd she feel if you asked her on an official date the next time.. :)

What Girls Said 7

• Ask her on a date, not to hang out. FRIENDS hang out, people who are interested are forward and go on dates. If she rejects you, at least you got your answer upfront and can either choose to be friends still or move on.

• ask her for a date she may friendzone you otherwise

• I would ask her to hang out first to see if you actually like her. You like what you see but not really sure if you like her because you just met her a few days ago

• Ask her out on a date! Don't friendzone this!

• I'd rather someone was straightforward and asked me out on a date, instead of beating around the bush. When you say hang out, most girls are going to think 'just as friends'.

• Hanging out because it doesn't put as much pressure on you or her.

• I think hanging out is much more casual like there isn't as much pressure like there is on a date. But if you want to make sure you don't just want to be friends then maybe a proper date would be best.