16 Year Age Difference?

Hello everyone, me and my guy has been dating a little over two weeks now. I'm 18 I'll be 19 in September, and he'll be 35 in three days. I know there is a huge age difference between us but I feel like I have been through a lot involving men and I've learned a lot so now I'm ready for marriage and a baby in the near future. I'm ready for a very committed and serious relationship and I've told him that but he never really gave me his feedback. I really like him, and after the first day of meeting (we met on online) we've both made it clear that we are feeling love for each other. Not only is there a huge age gap between us but there is also a kinda huge living distance between us. I live in central Jersey and he lives in north Jersey. He has an 11 year old daughter as well but she doesn't live with him. But me and his daughter's age difference is awkward. I haven't met her yet though. Anyway so I want to know you guys and girls opinion on this. Do you think the relationship will go anywhere serious? Because I'm starting to think that he just loves that I'm so young and having sex w/me is exciting also because of my age and its just a fling but he assured me that we are more than a fling but I don't think he really looks at me being long term. What is your feedback? Thank you everyone for your input.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a believer that age doesn't matter. Age will be an issue if you let it be one. I myself usually dated older men from the time I was 16 onward. Biggest age gap at one point was 22 years. An age gap is also kind of sexy, and you can have fun with it together in and out of bed. But aside from that, where your minds are at and what you have in common no matter what the age is what matters - only after respect and trust.

The only thing that is a bit of a drag is what other people either say right to your faces or the reactions you get from people. Eventually, this goes away with friends and family who are accepting and notice how happy you are together. But through your relationship, the looks from people you don't know may continue and a lot of couples in different situations have to go through this nonsense. For example, I'm in an interracial marriage and my husband is older, so we go through this daily. But we learned the art of ignoring. We are usually too lost in what we're doing together to really care.

You seem like you know what you want and know what you're doing, so if your heart is already in to this, then go for it. :) Step-daughters are never easy at any age, so you might want to do some research on what approach will work for you when you meet her. Remember she already has a mother, you will be another adult in her life, and in some ways you might be a lot more cool to turn to if she needs advice, so maybe think more of the beginning of your relationship with her as friendship. Eleven year-olds aren't stupid. They are very well aware of what's going on, so if you want to get on her good side right away, don't insult her ability to understand.

Lots of luck! I hope it works out for you. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Seriously if you guys click, you guys click. Be with who you want to be with. It's totally cool.

• Holy guacamole, you sure know how to pick em huh. Your situation and decisions are absolutely hilarious, haha good luck!

• Leave that pedophile immediately!!! no 35 year old guy should be seeing a 18 year old. No matter what he says never have sex with him it will only encourage other pedophiles like him on the internet to try and date teenagers so that when they turn 18 they can legally fuck them. You are not ready for a baby at 19 there is a big reason that he never gave you his feed back because when your 20-21 he will leave you for another 18 year old. He should be caring for his 11 year old not looking for a new wife. Talk to his exwife if you have any doubts.

• First he's never been married, and secondly he's not a pedophile. We've already has sex before and it was the best sex I've ever had. I'm not saying that I'm ready for a baby. I'm saying that I'm ready for a serious committed relationship.

• He takes very good care of his daughter. I've never met her because it's too damn soon to be introducing the two of us. And his previous relationship didn't work out because she cheated multiple times. See I hate people like you. Always so quick to judge. I asked for opinions not judgement.

• it is my opinion that he is not right for any 19 year old. If I judge you two I would have been reported for the language that I would have used. what ever you do don't accept anything he tells you without verifying it. That is good advice for any relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say you are too young to be planning a future with a man you barely know. You are showing your youth and naivity. You're barely an adult, in five years time you will understand that but right now you have the arrogance of youth upon you and you will know best.

• Don't stereotype me because of my age. I am very well matured, independent, and very sure of what I want.

• Boom this girl has a good opinion of the situation, its just advice do whatever you want to do.

• hell no. no if's and but's about it

• Me and my partner are 15 years apart. I am slightly older then his older daughter. At first I felt the same way. I thought he likes being with me to say he's got a younger chick etc. But it turned out he truly loves me for me. So my guess is... this guy your seeing. If he really wanted u around for sex and to say he has a younger chick. Then I think he would wanna marry u to keep you. And since he hasn't popped the question yet... that's what makes me think he really may be in it to see where it goes. Older men are more mature, more settled down, they seem to have their shit together. Me and my guy are 12 hours apart. We have been seeing each other for about a year and a half. And we are still going strong. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. So If you love him and u think he loves you then go for it. What do u have to lose? Give this relationship a shot. He may truly be sincere about his feelings for u. good luck :)