What would you do if your best friend told you they liked you as more than just friends?

Ok so you and your best friend are talking. He/she tells you that they are in love with this guy/girl and dont know what to do. You give your best advice because he/she is your friend. Then she/he asks "What if I told you that man/woman was you?" How would you react? What would you say? Assuming this was a serious conversation and not joking or anything like that.

Assuming this person way really close to you

Most Helpful Girl

• If I don't like them more than just a friend, and there is 0 chance that I think anything more than that would ever happen between us, if I don't see them the way they see me... in that scenario, I'd be very sad, cause the chances would be, I'm gonna lose my best friend. That's what I would tell them, that I love them as a friend and nothing more, if they want to stay friends or not, it's up to them.
    If I secretly felt the same way about them, I would be over the moon of course.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, since I am hetero, a great deal would depend on them being a woman. That said, if I were unattached, I would consider them seriously.

• Assuming hetero yea

• Assuming hetero, I would be a fool not to take them seriously. The whole idea of being "swept away" usually implies that it will also be "whirlwind." In other words, it will be intense and short-lived.

The best romantic relationships turn out to be close, trusting friendships that also include physical intimacy. Such relationships tend to build more slowly and last much longer.

Confucius put it this way (rough translation) "A pan that heats too quickly cools as fast." Slow, even heat is better in cooking and in relations.

• It would flatter me if someone did that to me but things like that do happen.

• I would be flattered and say yes 😊

• As the question. . Do you mean that you want to start or you just have feelings.. Do you want to try a date or are you wanting a relationship. ?

What Girls Said 4

• Depends if I like that friend back and if I'm open for a relationship. I wouldn't end our friendship though or pull away if I answered no.

• if i feel the same way then it would be great, but chances are i don't and it would change the dynamic of our friendship completely not in a good way

• I'd start blaming myself.

• If it were my actual guy best friend I'd say I love him too. I love my best friend. He's my shoulder to cry on when I'm sad, he's always there when I need a good laugh, and he's always there when I need him.