Guys, when he cries does that mean he's truly sorry?

First things first, he didn't cheat but he has really hurt my feelings by saying something mean about my body and went as far as picturing me getting surgery done, and lied to me about something else. We weren't fighting, It was out of the blue actually, when he cried. He said he that I was beautiful and he's very sorry for hurting me before. I can't help but still feel hurt, months later on though. Is he truly sorry? Why would he say it in the first place?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure you're beautiful so don't let what a man says hurt you, some men can be serious assholes.. But guys usually don't cry and not many can fake it, so odds are he was sorry because of your reaction, but I honestly don't see why he would say that in the first place if he didn't mean it, I know I mean what I say when I say it, so my personal opinion is he probably did mean what he said but when you reacted the way you did he back tracked because he knew he hurt you, you deserve a man who loves you and everything about you makes him happy.

• I've always wondered how he could tell me he didn't mean it. Never made sense to me. He said he wished my breasts were bigger when I was naked after we had sex for the first few times. That was 1.5 years ago and I'm still with him and it still haunts me each time we have sex now... He's always treated me so well other than that.. He tells me that I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him and surprises me with gifts. But I always wondered if he really loved me, he wouldn't want to change me.

• So there are men who would love my body as it is.. After what he said to me, I thought that I would never find someone who would. You sound like a really sweet guy, in this world with soo many unfaithful men I'm pretty sure there will be a lady more than happy to be with you. Thanks for your opinion!

• I try :) Thank you

What Guys Said 6

• I believe so. There is not too many men that cry just to be crying

• He sounds like a total douche

• Personally I think he's truly sorry. Some guys fake their cries and there's guys like me who do a little fun and then come up with tons of apologies. It's better to accept his apology and be Okay with him. Otherwise he will become just like me 'Stone heart' . :) So show a little care for him. He will show more afterwards. Best of luck !

• Wow he's an asshole. Why would he say such things if he really thought you were beautiful?

• That's what always bugged me :( if you loved someone you would love them as a whole...

• Exactly. But I think he was crying for real when he said sorry.

• How can we know?

• lol - no! It means he wants off the hook, that he can't handle responsibility - even personal responsibility... what a LOSER! Go find better