Soo does the following make me a gold-digger?

Speaking to a guy who is just about 10 years older than me (he's 28 and I'll be 18 in 2 months) and he's okay looking, VERY well off and wants a relationship with me. He's not interested in just sex but wants to spoil me and take care of me because apparently im "beautiful" ha! Anywaaay, point is I'm not thaaat much into him but the offer is so tempting and he seems genuinely caring.. but I don't wanna take advantage.

I have made it clear that I'm not looking anything long-term at the moment he understands. Not sure I'm ready to do the 'the deed' with him though.. Hmmmm, don't like having sex with randomers to be honest, never have and I doubt I ever will!

Please give honest thoughts and opinions!

• Yes, you're a gold-digger
  • No, you're experimenting and enjoying what's on offer

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as both you and him are honest with your intentions and feelings, then you can't be considered a gold-digger in an insult kind of way.

Everyone (both male and female) should look at people with more money as better suitors than people with less money. Typically more money means more drive, passion, and risk to follow through and finish with ones drive and passion.

I'm not saying a person with less money can't have those qualities; but typically if a person has less of something, it means they have less motivation to gain more of it. I don't know about you, but I feel motivated people are better suited to reproduce than less motivated people. Not that less motivated people shouldn't reproduce; just that motivation is better suited as a mating call (for all genders) than a lot of other qualities.

Sexual attraction is also an important quality, so that could cause you to not be as happy as you could. What sort of happiness do you need/want, and what sort of happiness are you willing to negotiate/sacrifice? Most choices a person makes are not bad given they are honest about them and not embarrassed about making them. Hiding something will more likely make an action worse than the action typically is.

Technically he would be using you more than you using him. Assuming you were honest with how you feel about him. He doesn't seem to care how much pleasure you get from a relationship with him. He is selling you the best product he knows how to sell, money. If it doesn't work out with you, he will find some other young girl to have it work out with. I'm not saying he is doing something wrong, but it is probably his best quality.

His lifestyle allows him to spend money to receive sexual pleasure. Once again, I'm not saying that is wrong. But he probably cares less about your pleasure than you care about his loss of money.

Which brings me back to honesty of intent and feelings. As long as both sides have it, your relationship would be as good as any other with it; regardless of the conditions in a relationship.

Hopefully that helped, sorry if it didn't. If you need clarification, let me know.

• Definitely helpful and makes so much sense :o yeah I'm gonna take all of that into consideration. Thank you!!

• You're welcome. Hope it helps.

What Guys Said 10

• > You don't see a future with him
    > You aren't into him
    > You don't want to have sex with him
    - But you are more than willing to take his money.

Ofcourse you're a gold digger xD

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1121a3b0c9.jpg

And the fact that you're still a child compared to him makes it worse.

• Well it sounds kinda like he wants prostitution, he wants casual sex and in exchange he will buy you a bunch of shiny shit.

To be honest if you end up with him you will probably regret it later for wasting your time with some creep who can't find a girl his own age.

Sure the things he might buy you will be nice but there are so many actually attractive guys out there with money I don't see why you would sell yourself short just because he is the first one to come along with this sort of arrangement.

• The only thing that's keeping you is his offer of spoiling you, so yes, you're a gold digger.

• Total gold digger

• How the fuck is this supposed to make u a gold digger?

• It's hard to say. But I'll tell you this, if you get with him when you guys are done you'll be a gold digger. Trust me. Also he might be sweet at first but my turn aggressive later on. Think about that.

• If he is spoiling you with money and objects and you in return are having sex... you are essentially a prostitute.

• Yes, you are a gold-digger.

• If you're not into him... don't want to fuck him... but it's "tempting"... you are a 100% gold digger...

What Girls Said 9

• Nope out. What kind of man finds an underage teenager and then tells her he'll "take care of her" because she's "beautiful"? I think you'd be setting yourself up for a very dysfunctional arrangement.

• Number one rule: if you're going to take his money, he wants sex in return. You might want to reconsider the offer.

• You're 18. He's far more experienced than you... He will play you so bad... Oh my... That'll be fun!

• He will want sex sooner or later. He is 28 year old man.
    You are just fooling yourself.
    People do not do favors to random people. Keep in mind. Nothing is free of charge in this life. Only your family.

• You're tempted by the offfer but now that you don't want a long-term commitment and you also stress the fact that he well off as you put t so yes that makes you a gold digger you didn't say anything about genuinely wanting to get to know him also a damn near 30 year old man trying to court a teen and offering what he is offering you is a sugar daddy.

• Someone famous in my country got convicted for doing just that lol Let's just say the sex was really humiliating.

• Not really gold-digger. More like on the sugar daughter type!

• I don't think you're a gold digger, but hey, even if you are, who cares? Just be nice to people and honest about your intentions.

But... This guy I nearing thirty - there's a vast emotional and mental difference between thirty and early twenties. And significantly more so than 17. He is a man, and I hate to say this, but you're too young to understand a man's motives. I've dated very rich men, like serious buy-your-own-island rich. They're chauvinistic dicks. At least my ones were. Just be careful.

• What would it take to be a gold-digger then? I'm curious to your definition if she is not it.

• A gold digger is a very negative description of a woman. A man who would only marry a beautiful sexy woman hasn't got a negative and derogatory phrase to point out that he's shallow. Because why should we judge boys for just being boys? I judge a 'gold-digger' to be someone who wouldn't even need to consider the morality of his or her actions.

• Sounds like he's a sugar daddy wanting a sugar babe.