Are interracial couples common in Uk?

I'm a back girl, and just because I grow up in a white enviroment, I only date white guys, preference. So, i'm moving to UK soon, so I want to know if it's common interracial couples, and it will be easy for me to date.

Most Helpful Guy

• Where I live, on the south east coast of UK, it's very common. This area is laid back and as multicultural as you can get. In our flats, we have many UK/non-UK relationships/marriages. You will have no trouble fitting in here!! Avoid London if you can. It's just too big, impersonal and noisy!

• Yeah, I will. My parents like quite places. Thank you.

• My dad works at Leicester for now.

• Leicester not a bad place. Multicultural city. I remember a long walkway not far from the city centre, like a green lane with trees. There are several cafes along there. Think it is called the New Walk.

It's also nice to be able to walk along the Grand Union Canal towpath, especially out in the countryside away from the city centre.

What Guys Said 5

• Having lived in both the US and UK, I would say it is about the same... make sure you stick with cities though!

• Cities and not suburbs?

• Yes, def Cities! While the UK is far more liberal than the US in general, there also far less black people here as well. So many outside cities, grow up in all white communities, maybe with small middle eastern/Indian minorities. I guess I can't say myself, but from growing up in an almost all white community, that is just what you find attractive...

the plus is you don't have to worry about nearly as much criticism as in the US, in general at least.

• Got you. :D

• I live on the Isle Of Man (Which is part of Britain), And i can honestly say i have NEVER seen an interacial couple in person in my life.

I dont think its because the races dont like each other, but, most people just date in their own race.

• Really? Ommgg

• So cute. Yeah, we are all humans. Black, white, green, purple, hahahha

• Exactly matey!

All the best! ;)

• Not really, no. In some major cities there'd be a few, but elsewhere they haven't seen non-white people except on TV.

• I don't understand what you mean "elsewhere they haven't seen non-white people except on TV."?

• As in, there are no non-white people where they live.

• You would find them in the big urban areas.. Like London.

• But I can't live in London city, I'll live in the outskirt..

• I saw quite a few, a few weeks back when I was there.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm from the UK and it's not exactly as common as same-race couples but there isn't too much stigma about it here anymore. I think you'd be able to find someone, yeah.

• Thank you. That's great. I'm like scared to not be accepted there.

• yup its common and everyones equal in here in UK. there are black and white married couples with mix raced child and happy :)

• Thank you. That's great.