Muslims, is it normal that he doesn't want to see me during the whole of Ramadan?

I started going out with this Muslim guy some weeks back and we saw a couple of times. He's not (yet) my boyfriend and honestly I'm not 100% sure if by now he's still interested in dating or only in friendship. So he said:
- that he has to stay away from girls during Ramadan and thus can't write me in certain ways
- what a close friend I am to him
- that he can't see me during the whole of Ramadan but that he wants to see me when Ramadan is over
We've had some written contact since the beginning of Ramadan though, but really not much either.

Now I was wondering... I have several Muslim friends and as far as I know ALL of them continued to see their (unmarried) partners during Ramadan although with some restrictions. So is it normal that he doesn't want to see me at all? And would a Muslim avoid a girl if he only sees her as a platonic friend?

I'd be glad about any insights, but please... I know that this kind of relationships is not allowed in Islam... but its not the question. Thank you a lot in advance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well fasting is not easy. No food , no drink for the whole day and a person feels very exhausted but that doesn't means he should avoid u for the whole month of ramadan he can at least call u or talk with u on social networking sites if he can't meet u The whole month of ramadan is important for us but the last ten days of Ramadan is quiet much more important since we have to pray the whole night and the whole day we can't talk with someone nor we can meet.
    and no i don't think a muslim would avoid someone whom he only sees as a platonic friend.
    maybe he's is very relegious that's why he didn't wanted to see you... but just 8 days are left for ramadan so be excited :)

• Thank you for the elaborate answer. We were talking on social networking sites, but the last time is also already more than a week ago. Wow, I didn't know that you need to pray that much during the last days of Ramadan. Yes, I think compared to my other Muslim friends he's taking it very seriously.

• Yes maybe he's relegious so that's why he takes it seriously. :)

• And Your welcome

What Guys Said 4

• Hi, being a Muslim myself and keeping a lot of study too, the answer for your question is a yes and a no. Yes the person can be in contact with you and even meet you if he does not have intimate relations with you. The rest talking, meeting, having some sort of communication is alright if it does not interfere with his life...

• Well I avoid my friends the whole month it's normal don't worry okay

• I don't know what he think about you,,, but I'm sure about he gonna talk and going out with you after Ramadan ,,, it's just 8 days more,,, take seat and wait 👍

• Wish I could have a girlfriend like him.. :D
    Yup its normal, I am at home all this month..

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like he's trying to exercise some self-control, be disciplined, and honor this holy month by behaving and not disrespecting Islam.

• He's trying to be more religious because its Ramadan basically

• Yeah, it is normal.