Do you think racial preferences are "wrong" and do you think that personality should only matter wether attractive or not?

Yes I agree that personality should matter a little more than appearance but do you think it's wrong to not date someone you're not at all physically/sexually attracted to even though they have a nice personality? Is it wrong to have any kind of preferences at all?

My brother for example is ONLY attracted to skinny women and for them to be a certain skin tone but that's just what he's attracted to and of course all of his girlfriends were his exact preferences and yes they were good successful relationships. He even told me himself that he cannot imagine dating an overweight woman because that's not what he's attracted to.

Me for instance I'm only attracted to NON-BLACK men only I'm just not at all physically/sexually attracted to black men at all and I can't help that. But do you think that preferences of ANY KIND is wrong and that personality should only matter or do you think that people should date whoever they are attracted to?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think having racial preferences, or any type of physical preferences when it comes to who you'll date is wrong. Physical appearance, which is a large part of what contributes to sexual chemistry, is what differs between someone you see as a potential boyfriend/girlfriend, and who you'll only view platonically.

People select friends and their social circle based mostly on preferred personality traits. Significant others are selected based on a combination or not only personality traits, but also sexual/physical characteristics that are preferred. Often that will go hand in hand with race, like say a guy preferring blondes or girls who are blue eyed. He can say his racial preference is white girls, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Likewise for if someone likes personality traits or facial features commonly found in Asian/Latino guys... just a matter of preference. No harm done!

What Guys Said 6

• I think you are probably missing out on a lot of great relationships if you categorically exclude a large group of people for something as arbitrary as skin color, but you can't MAKE yourself feel attraction when there is none, so it's not like you can do anything about it. Just avoid going around telling everyone that you aren't attracted to black guys while listing the reasons or shouting racial slurs, and you're golden.

• There are so many hispanic and white dudes who think black girls are only into black guys. I wish they would go on here and see all of you talking about how much you like non black dudes. Then most black dudes think white and hispanic girls obsess over them lol. Why is it so backwards lol. Anyways, i think there i nothing wrong with preferences. People like who they like right, not much you can do about that.

• No, they're not wrong. Race doesn't determine a person's worth as a human, but it does frequently affect both their physical features and their cultural attitudes, which are both important for attraction.

• I prefer brown bread with ham to white bread with ham.
    I guess those preferences are wrong.

• Lol no I'm not saying they're wrong just some people say it is.

• I know, I'm just showing how the argument's a bit stupid. It's like if we publicly shunned everyone who wore the colour red.

• I think Race should'nt matter at all. The only way to stop making Race an issue is to stop talking about it.

• I know that but I was also talking about other preferences in general IF you bothered reading EVERYTHING I wrote which doubt you did smh.

• How could a personal preference be wrong?

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think having a preference is wrong, everyone yes does have a preference but they're not saying they'd "never", the opportunity to change their mind hasn't changed yet. Personality shouldn't only matter, we are all shallow at times and realistically looks come into play, yes personality makes them even more attractive or less. You never know as we grow our preference may change, it's important to just remain open minded and never say "never".

• It's not wrong to have that preference.

• Can you be a little bit more specific on why you feel that way, or are you just saying that just to be answering?

• I don't see why would having a preference be wrong if it isn't harming or violating others.