Why don't guys take girls on nice dates anymore?

Maybe it's just me, but I find that guys never take girls out on dates anymore and I don't get it. Girls love to be treated special, yet not many guys do that anymore. Wtf?

Side question: What guy would feel emasculated if a girl took them out, arranged a nice date and paid for everything? (Other than special occasions)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as you can see by some of the posts some guys are bitter about the whole thing. When young boys asked why they should pay and do the effort for the date and why the girl didn't do it adults would tell them because they were the ones that would be working and making the money and girls wouldn't be. Now that women are joining the workforce more than ever a lot of those guys are questioning why their dating life should stay the same when the workplace life is changing.

In other cases some guys might be broke. They might not like going out and enjoy being a homebody, or they sadly just don't feel enough infatuation with the girl they're with to actually want to go through the effort of a date anymore. Some guys may not feel special by the girl so they refuse to make the girl feel special.

What Guys Said 14

• Well, i was born i guess with a old heart and i did that when i courted my wife (and she also gave me the opportunity to do so). I still do it for her, why because she is worth it and she means the world to me, when i see her smile its the most amazing thing for me to see. Unfortunately i do feel sorry for a lot of girls these days who will never get to experience something like that... because there was a time when it was special to do that, i loved it

• That's very sweet. I wish more men were like you :-).

• thank you, its a pleasure. me too, i wish men could learn to start doing that again for women and that women can also a little receptive when we do it, makes the whole experience that much more special

• No idea what you're talking about. I take girls out to dinner or pick them up to do night life at the museum, or go horse back riding on the beach on the weekend, etc. Always give them a ride home and if things go well, kiss goodnight. Sometimes I text a bit later to say I had fun.

• what do you do to make the guys you date feel special?

• asking girls out is no longer a must plenty of girls ask guys out now.
    Why doesn't it matter if the guy wants to be special this is another classic case of women wanting to be treated better.
    Guys dont like girls who dont offer to pay on dates there straight out of the door.
    because there are plenty of slags to go round it's not necessary to waste cash on a self entitled girl when u can pick up whores for free. My girlfriend is really nice and the only reason I treat her to restaurants and stuff is because she doesn't expect it. When a women expects something she becomes less grateful.

• Because gender roles aren't required anymore because several people (men and women) wanted equal treatment and some wanted it the other way around. If you want to be the "woman" of the relationship then find someone else who is into gender roles so you both agree to that kind relationship.

• Why don't you tell us what constitutes a nice date for you? Maybe it could give some ideas to guys? You may spark a revolution lol

• I'm 21 and I've never been on a date! Every time I ask out a girl, she rejects me. I'd love to be able to take a girl out to dinner than go for a walk in the park!

If a girl gave me a chance, I'd take her out on nice dates all the time!

• I'd love to, they just denied me.

• I still take girls out on dates. And not to the movies either. :)

• It's just you.

• Only if she's a girlfriend, random girls don't deserve nice dates.

• You wanted equality, and now you whine that you aren't being treated special...

Really?

Most modern women aren't worth being "treated special."

• How do you figure?

• Modern women are selfish. It's all about "me me me." Think "Sex and the City."

• Maybe the ones you meet. Girls just aren't treated special anymore. I'm not saying we should be the only ones treated special, but I feel like i'm the only one making the effort with men. It's brutal now.

• some of them are just too broke to afford that.

• There are things guys can do to make a woman feel special that cost very little to nothing.

• i see , i guess my comment are kinda shallow lol

• What else do you want? Flowers? Chocolates? and jewelry too?

• That's not what i'm implying. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of guys out there that make a girl feel special. I always do with the guys i'm into, but it's never reciprocated.

• Hmmm.. Ok then

• You must be delusional to think girls don't have it easy
      when it comes to dating and getting asked out.

What Girls Said 4

• How about you treat the guy for once? It's not all about you

• I have.. I always make them feel special. There is only so much a girl can do without a guy feeling emasculated though.

• Well i only date mexicans so theyre pretty much into gender roles the ones I've dated they are sweet and i do offer to pay but they always say " im the one who invited you " or " i am the guy and im happy to " in return we just have a blast all day ! I do invite and insist on paying sometimes but they dont like me to pay anyway

• does anyone really -not- like to be treated special?

• equality, that's why