Why do black girls suddenly have this interest in dating guys of other races, especially white guys?

I see all these questions on this (and other) site now asking whether white guys would date black girls, what white guys think of black girls, etc. Traditionally, black women have only wanted to be with black men and have only really been attracted to black men. There's nothing wrong with this, because most women strongly prefer men of their own ethnic group. I just don't get why there's this recent interest in black women dating white guys, as in, what changed?

16

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably has to do with the fact that many modern day black men belittle, condescend, and dedignify black women for their genetic package while they praise and uplift non-black women. It's not uncommon to find black men of this generation shaming, bashing, and practically bullying black women for physical features that their own mother and grandmother share: darker skin and more coarse hair. I'd even go so far to say that some black men are probably giving young, self-conscious black girls body dysmorphia with their constant habit of comparing and directly choosing non-black girls over them, insinuating that their features are less than. It's effed up. They're probably sick of it. They probably feel more appreciated and desired among non-black guys who don't constantly make certain comments.

I'm a Brazilian with African heritage and I have Afro-Brazilian cousins who basically look like Black women and a couple of them have shared their frustrations. It always gives me a disgusted feeling when black guys approach me saying I'm "exotic" and speaking to me like I'm some sort of trophy and other black women are just a mere 'ribbon'. Not cool.

• But what does that have to do with wanting to date white guys? It sounds almost like a backlash against black guys.

• @Asker hmmm I guess you could say that.
      White/non-black guys prolly look more enticing and attractive for the simple fact that there aren't mass numbers of them making black women feel like shit for the genetic package they "accidentally" inherited. Maybe they feel like the non-black guys have more of an appreciation for their physical features as opposed to black men who are constantly verbally beating them up. It's actually pretty sick and twisted if you think about it. Black dudes are the only race of people who bash, dedignify, and bully their women along with the other racists. It's crazy.

What Girls Said 15

• I have absolutely no idea but I'm black and my whole life I've found guys of every race race attractive and have been open to dating guys of different races (as well as my own) and I've made it known.

• Lol, when was this a traditional preference? Must of missed the memo. Isn't it that people of the same ethnic group tend to live in the same area thus they eventually become interested in each other? (At least that was my take on it)

As for the questions, I think some people are just curious about if they will be accepted or not because they're different. Then again, I think these kind of questions are strange since attraction differs person to person. Even if 9 people say no the 10th may say yes.

• Its not really brand new but they ask out of insecurity.

Considering everything, I get it but its not really a big deal.

• It's not a sudden change and for me it's not 'especially' white guys. I could care less where he's from as long as he's good looking. My dating history pretty much covers the world map.

• I don't think its recent and there is no definite answer for your question. Why do people feel the need for an explanation for why people like dating different races. Why does it matter so much?

• I find guys of all races attractive and iv dated guys of different races

• I am black, and I have felt attracted to many "white guys". I don't know of a black man that I've actually felt attracted to. If you're a good-looking guy, it really won't matter what you're ethnicity is, in my opinion. Personally, I've found I like brunette guys.:) hope this helps.

• Really? From what I've seen (where I live is mainly black people) black women tend to turn away from white men and go for black and Asian men (Asian like Arab or oriental) so yeah

• I don't know the black girls i know usually do not date outside of their race. there are a few exceptions, but we would be more likely to date another minority like a latino over a white guy.

i think the black girls on this site are like the same 3 asking the same question over again.

• I think it's bs, I remember black girls in schools always wanting white guys like the majority of other girls, but I also remember racist black girls attacking white guys to have acceptance of the black guys who don't want them but they protect EGO. I think americans have some racist and sexist "anti-racism" politics made only to please the preference of the men, this is why only white guys are attacked in racist discussions made to please black men or some angry Asian men in his disguised excuses about how horrible is see some Asian or black woman dating white guys, they invent lies and generalization, what matters is make some racist bad propaganda against white guys to they feel better in hope that they will see less black or Asian girls dating white guys, in the case of some Asian guys they try to make the Asian women feel guilt or bad in his cowardly disguised racist way because he hates when white guys are dating them, because of their ego.
    Everyone know that racism is wrong, but is politically accepted against white guys and don't count like racism politically and in education, just to let everyone non-white free to use racist words and have racist discussions to attack them and take advantage of being allowed to be racist and create racist videos, news and etc... against the whites who they hate. So we have many things invented to attack white guys to please the disguised hate and ego of black guys or some Asian guys.

I think everything related to race is made to please the preference of black and sometimes even Asian guys, the preference is for black guys in American politics, they know that black guys and Asian guys want white women and they also know in American politics that black guys and Asian guys don't want to see white guys with Asian or black women, and they invent more things against white guys to try to undermine white guys dating women of other races while nothing is made to undermine them when they want white women and nothing is made to boycott or undermine white women dating other races, but against white guys have excuses, lies, generalization and bullshit invented only to try to make Asian or black girls avoid white guys to please the guys of their race in their ego and racism while the same black and these racist Asian guys with their disguised excuses want white girls and nothing is officially made against them, they aren't called creepy and nothing bad is officially made to boycott or undermine them when they want white girls

• Nothing much really , nothing wrong with trying different flavors.. lol but I don't know really. I like every race (guys) , but I mainly find myself attracted to black boys or lightskin. I mean , as I said it doesn't matter eh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I've always only dated white guys, I'm mixed. Sometimes I ask those questions, whether in my head or on here not because it's something new for me, but because I know that that is one more mark against me. Just another feature that someone could or could not like. It's the same as when girls get on here saying "guys, I have a shy personality, is that attractive" or whatever the case may be. I think it's more about getting reassurance then an actual answer about the content of the question.

• *than

• I agree about reassurance. I can't imaginea black girl liking me, so I'd need to see a lot of that before I would be ready to go. there.

• Maybe because a lot of black men have chased after white women. They're starting to realize that there are other men available for them too!

• Men are easy all it takes is a pair o tities. Its not a bad thing that white women are easy lays. I mean black women have so much pride that you have to jump through so many hoops. Latino women rarely date outside their own race and will stay with a guy for life. Asian girls you might have to be with them for a year before you get some candy. But white chicks all you have to do is whip out a big ol black dick and they hop right on, tried and tested again and again white chicks are the slutiest in the world and guys of every color and creed know it

• the diversity is good.

• What exactly do you mean?