Self depreciating humour?

Is it attractive to the ladies or does it come off as the guy does not believe in his abilities and is of low value?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. Its a bit like oh poor me! Wallowing is not really sexy.
    Of course humans are allowed to have their vulnerabilities, but self-depreciating humour usually means someone hates themselves and if u do not love urself, who will? Its not funny to see another human puttin himself down and it is not really delightful company.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on the girl. Some girls will think its gross while others will respond with jokes just as bad as yours

• It's not good if you do it all the time.

• is it attractive when done occasionally?

• I don't know about attractive. I do it sometimes so I wouldn't mind if people did it occasionally too.

• I usually find it attractive as long as it is not ove4 used... I think it shows you are confident enough to expose your own flaws (we all have them) or see the funny side of yourself. However I have seen it over used and it gets tiring like maybe you are not happy with yourself.
    I sometimes use it if it fits the situation ( is that bad? Now you got me wondering). Like my personal trainer the other day was telling me at which points during the exercise to breath in and out and I said "do you realise you are actually having to teach a blonde how to breath?". He found it really funny... but I dont do it all the time...

• yes I think even I used to overdo it when I was younger, and well I guessed that self depreciation is not the funny that women are lookin for.

• I think once in a while if it fits the situation it can be funny and I enjoy it. But I'd use it sparingly - like not more than once on a date and not on every date.

• its attractive.

What Guys Said 0