Is it a bad idea to ever call the girl you're interested in your buddy or friend?

I mean she is my friend... We've been on one date, so far, but I mean... I don't know is that a way to get duper dropped out of her mind as boyfriend material?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, some people wouldn't mind being introduced that way, as a friend. Like I was dating a guy (only few dates, we weren't in a relationship) so he introduced me "This is my friend, ----" and I smiled and greeted his other friend. That is totally fine to me.

If you are in a relationship, then yeah I'd hope he would said I was his girlfriend. Otherwise I'm not bothered by friend. Buddy... sounds more platonic and that he is not interested in a possible relationship with me. So I would lose sexual interest in the guy and just see him as a "buddy/pal" and nothing more.

What Girls Said 3

• yeah its a bad idea

• Yep almost definitely man, especially if y'all are at high school- college age. Use her name, it's safer.

• Lol I figured, I just almost sent a message just jokingly saying wassup buddy! And I thought it might be a bad idea...

• Not a good idea, but also not a big deal.

What Guys Said 1

• it's not the best idea to call her a friend or buddy if you wanna seriously be with her. it can hint towards u not being the boyfriend for her, when u call her just a friend.