Why do good girl like bad guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is meant to be because they are more spontaneous and you never know what's next kind of thing from what I understand. The thing is these girls come crying to the good guys when the bad guy hurts their feelings and why should us good guys care when the girl dated a guy she knew deep down would break her heart in the first place. Also girls that date these bad guys also often call men pigs etc when their heart is broken and I think it is your fault for dating him and no one else's so don't call guys names for you making poor choices in the men you date. Girls liking bad guys is why us men think we have to become a bad guy to get a girlfriend.

What Guys Said 20

• bad guys are cute. or, rather, cute guys are bad. When one is physically attractive, they tend to be given more than others. This causes them to develop a sense of being overly entitled, which causes them to become a conceited jerk (in so many words). Being overconfident is far more appealing that being "under-confident."

• I don't know, we all wonder that. It's one of those mysteries not even Morgan Freeman can explain xD

• cause they want to help us. And we seem so confident and not caring. And it seems like when you're going out with us may it be talking etc... you always have an emotional rollercoaster and this will mostly be laughing. Cause we have more depth than they claim and are much more intelligent but prefer to be lowkey and do what we want to

• Because they balance eachother out
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• yes I think girls find rebels to be very attractive who do not adhere to the social conventions. They are referred to as bad boys, but they are not necessarily evil. Women like these rebels so much sometimes that they are willing to go through their abuse so that they could one day change them.

• because every girl can have a good guy... i guess they like the challange xD also good guys may seem boring compared to a bad guy.

• Because if a guy is hot then most girls will see him as a god regardless of what he does. It's a shallow bug in the female mind that is even further encouraged by the media.

• I have no fucken clue. Get back to me if you find out.

• Because YOLO.

• I don't know. You tell me. Better yet, ask a good girl that question.

• Because girls like guys that just fuck them... thats why good guys are not loved. Bad guys just meet girls needs..

• It's not good or bad.

• If you figure it out let me know I've always wondered why girls are drawn to a**holes.

• That's a fantastic question. I get the vibe they like the notion that they can "fix" someone. If both sides of the relationship are "good" there isn't anything to work on and people get bored. Kind of sucks when you're trying to be a good guy and get crapped on all the time.

Perhaps it's more primitive; like cave men days where the man would chose the woman over her hip size and presence of breasts. Perhaps woman are subconsciously attracted to "bad" men because they give off the alpha male / "I'm in control of the situation" vibe.

• because girls are weak

• Because that's what they think they deserve

• I guess coz they believe they can change them and that's bullshit and at last they say he's mean and cry like a little babies

• This answer is going to disillusion you but if you understand it, it will save you a lot of trouble.
    People are attracted to other people for all sort of reasons. The interesting thing is what happens when you are attracted. If you try to fight the attraction or if something prevents you from acting on the attraction you subconscious brain generates more attraction to overcome the obstacle. If the problem is another part of your brain saying "no, this guy is all wrong for me" then the two parts of your brain start an ever escalating chemical war in your head until one side wins. Your brian is flooded with powerful psychoactive chemicals and you feel what we call 'romantic infatuation' or 'love' (though that word is used for lots of other feeling too).

This is why when you feel an attraction to a 'bad boy' it can very rapidly spiral out of control where the same degree of attraction for a good guy will just leave you mildly moved.

• Evolutionarily, women want a big, strong guy. Bad boys seem to provide that. A lot of women tend to go for the military, cop, or fireman type because they are the good guys but big, strong, tough, etc. Best of both worlds for them, I guess.

• No no no they dont they like good looking guys who happen to be douches

What Girls Said 12

• Because the notion of a 'bad guy' is something foreign to us. Also, everyone likes the feeling of positive reinforcement they get if they manage to reform a bad guy. Getting that rewarding feeling as we get good signs along the way starts a positive cycle; one bad habit dropped, and 1 point for the good girl. So it continues until the former 'bad boy' is basically a new person.

• You really think a girl can turn a bad boy into a good guy?

• And it's what every girl should do, but many girls stick to the guy, that's what many of us guys wonder, cause we don't understand why a girl would stick around with a guy that treats her so poorly, especially if you know there are many of guys out there that will treat her way better.
      I know it's all based on self-esteem and lack of confidence and self-respect, but still, there are girls who deal with so much shit from their boyfriends and still stay with him. I guess it's just manipulation?

• yesss. you hit the nail on the head. Way too many times after hearing stories from my friends or people on here where they complain that the guy is an asshole or jerk, then finish off by asking what on earth they could be doing wrong so that he treats them like that? In my head I'm just like 'are you stupid? The only thing you're doing wrong is putting up with his shit.' Why would a guy or anyone change their behaviour when all they get is a slap on the wrist at most?

People these days.. exactly why I won't go into marriage/relationship counselling upon finishing my degree. My patience definitely wouldn't be able to handle too much of that! :P

• That's just a stereotype. I'm not into bad guys.

• It's because these "bad guys" typically possess masculine characteristics such as dominance, aggressiveness, defiance, etc. which feminine women are attracted to.

• Its true, all those attractive traits plus his looks is going to make him dateable because it overrides his negative traits. He could actually be more attractive then a nice guy who was equally as handsome because those dominance, defience, etc. traits are attractive for a mating partner on a primal level. So even though she knows the nice guys better for her, being nice isn't as attractive as the bad boy traits because the bad boy traits are more fulfilling for a mate on a primal level.

• Like those traits wouldve helped them survive if we were still in the wild

• @bjjk067
      Exactly, it's not really that hard to figure out.

• Do u know the YouTube Onision? He made a really good video on this topic and it's funny too. You should check it out

• They think that they are able to change the way the guy acts and thinks and so they see it as a challenge and that they want to help them but in reality they are only hurting themselves.

• I think only bad girls like bad guys
    the good girls just don't see the bad in the guys yet

• Because they think that they can change him into a better person

• Because they like the taste of danger but don't want to fully embrace it

• Because of Wattpad.

• Well, bad guys have more testosterone, more sexuality, even if it's misplaced. They do what they want out of urges, not some mental decision. So they're better in bed.

• We can't help it, but it's true. We want a good romantic guy in our head, one who would be a great husband and father, but when we go out a night, we end up with a douchebag boinking up behind us who's gonna brag about it the next day. And then we feel bad even though we could have known it. It's because instinctively we want to carry the seed of a dominant, leader type guy, who is often a bad boy or simply an arrogant douchebag. So we let that guy fuck us while ten good guys have might have a crush on us. It's an evolutionary thing. It sucks and I hate myself when I let this happen, but I can't help it.

• Don't blame biology for your bad choices. I get it, you like the alpha male types. But don't go saying you "couldn't help yourselves" cause you could have. You have your free will.

• Because we're taught at a young age when boys are mean it means they like us. Also it has a lot to do with confidence. The less confident you are the more shit you'll take from him because you don't feel worthy of being treated like a queen (how ALL women should be treated)

• "you don't feel worthy of being treated like a queen (how ALL women should be treated)"

Bullshit. They should be treated like a human being, like how ALL human beings should be treated.