Guys, how long does it take for you to ask a girl out?

So I've been friends with this guy for 3 years now and just a month ago we started talking again, and now we go out places and we text all the time and all that. It is super obvious that he is into me, his friends told me so also, and I give him obvious hints that I like him too, we've been on a couple dates already, and I really just want him to ask me to be his girlfriend, what's taking him so long or how can I speed up the process here lol

He's 20 and I'm 19 lol

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him when he's gonna ask you to be his girlfriend. Like, be playful about it though.

What Guys Said 18

• If you've already been on a couple of dates, haven't you already been asked out? If you mean that you want to be together, then the length of time it will take will depend on the guy and girl. Some guys are slower and making decisions like that because they want to be careful so that no one gets hurt. Some girls are hard to read so it takes time to figure out if they're really someone that you could see yourself with. This could range from three weeks to three years (and not exclusively to that range). That's just an example of how large the number of different time frames could be.

• Women are a lot better at reading body language than men. A lot better. So guys will have a more difficult time picking up "signals" from girls that want a guy to ask them out.

• To ask a girl out? there's a range, usually more than a month, but less than 3.

• Within 15 minutes of meeting her.

I don't friendzone people i want to date.

Always works for me.

• Thats the way to go dude!

• Exactly, As a guy one should be straight forward about what he is looking for... and avoid the common route of being freinds first and then smthing more than friends... Just let her know that ur interested in her.. from the start

• @Raging7x
      Exactly.
      That's a great approach, it saves a lot of time and money.

Friend zone, is why most guys lose.

• Pretty long, considering I'm very shy.

Why don't you ask him yourself? Stop sitting around and waiting. Maybe he's shy as well. Stop giving "hints", you will only frustrate yourself. Woman up, and ask him out yourself. There's nothing wrong with that.

• U ask him, say ur my man and i have certain requirements, then ask him what he expects outta you.

• I don't ask girls they'll just say no anyway so I don't ask

• What are 'obvious' signs you give him?

• 20 years so far it seems.

• Give him all those hints that you like him or that to want him...
    He should understand that...

• for me personally, 40minutes or never.

• Instantaneously

• Usually like, once I'm drunk, suicidal, or stopped caring.

• he sounds shy. you need to confront him.

• 1 to 6 months depending on circumstances

• Tell him you want to commit to each other, and feel him out... Doesn't hurt to ask

• I couldnt get myself to ask her out:( bye bye now... summertime:/

• Asking someone to be your bf/gf sounds awfully formal, you're not getting engaged (yet) xD After a date just lean in for a kiss or something. When I "formally became a couple" with my girlfriend, I took her to eat cake after college to a place where there's a lot of student couples. Everyone was holding hands and I asked: "Are we gonna do that too?" She smiled and said "Allready?", and the contract was sealed xD