Guys, what does this exactly mean?

When a guy says "You mean a lot to me", what does that mean. He said this out of nowhere. Also, if I'm not quite "there" yet, how can I respond? I don't wanna say something like "thanks". Lol I like him but I'm trying to figure out what that means.

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Not knowing the guy, it at least means he really cares about you, most likely in a romantic way. If I said that, which I have, then it would mean I like the girl but either I'm scared she doesn't feel the same way so I'm saying it more subtly or I like her and I want to tell her but for some reason it's not the right time.

For instance I've said that to a friend who had a boyfriend and I didn't think it was appropriate to say it just yet because they were breaking up. She figured it out later because I couldn't help but show her through my actions that I liked her and we eventually dated.

So ultimately, I think he likes you. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Means you are special but doesn't wanna phrase it like that yet.. don't don't don't say thanks or this is nice specially if you like him.. Don't use emojis or smily faces.. Or lol.. Be like you mean a lot to me too that would be best answer if you like him.

• He means what he says. You mean a lot to him, most likely in a romantic sense.
    If you like him you should tell him. If not then you shouldn't string him along

• You need to know his body language and tone while he said the words. Mostly guys will not use words like You mean a lot to me, they prefer simply saying I like you.

You can just be honest and say you like him but you need time and take it casual and see where it leads both of you. You don't want to jump onto things fast and at the same time don't want hi to feel that you are ignoring him or pushing him away.

• Not knowing this guy personally, it seems likely that he likes you.

• He is either in love with you and cares for your deeply or he's crushing on you badly. If you're not there yet, just tell him the truth. Do you not care for him at all, not even as a friend?

• I really like him a lot! I just didn't know if that was him easing his way to the L word... THAT I'm not ready for. But I really care about him.

• I think he likes you