Girls, my girlfriend is mad at me. What should I do?

So today was my dad's birthday dinner and I had my girlfriend come over. I didn't say anything to her about it because I figured she would just come along to dinner with us. When the time came up to go and I said something to her she got all pissed off and left because I didn't say anything to her. I just figured she wouldn't care and come along since she was already gonna spend the rest of the day at my house. Did I do anything wrong?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean it's always best to inform a girl about plans. She may have wanted to wear something fancier since it's his birthday, but didn't get the chance and feels underdressed. It's also possible that she forgot and feels like she should have gotten him a card or present or something to impress him. Also, at least for me, I like to know what I'm getting in to. Watching netflix and eating pizza is different than celebrating my boyfriend's dad's birthday party where I have to be on my best behavior for his parents.

What Girls Said 5

• Perhaps she was taken by surprise and when an event like a birthday dinner is involved she would like to know, or even maybe she wouldn't want to go because she'd want your family to spend time together etc. Usually last minute notice kinda sucks, especially maybe if she wanted to wear something else etc.

• You should have told her, but I don't think she had any reason to get mad at you. I feel like she's being dramatic and grasping for reasons to be pissed off, especially if she was planning to be there all day anyways.

• She might have had something else planned, as a surprise for you.

• I don't fully understand the situation

• I think it's actually pretty rude to just jump a proposal on someons like that right when its time to go. They may not like the restaurant, or just not feel like going out. To just suddenly leave is pretty rude.