A date with a friend

My friend texted me that we should to go to a movie, play minigolf, or get some dinner sometime. She's a good friend, but we've only hung out with other friends at the same time before. Is this a date? From a woman's standpoint, would you ask a guy out by himself if you were only friends?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• i hang out with my guy friends alone all the time but that's when they know that we re just friends and nothing is ever going to happen so that makes us close friends.

but if I hang out with one dude alone and I don't normally go out with him alone I would consider it as a date like, only because I wouldn't ask him if its a date or not so I would play it safe in between ( date and just friends hanging out )... untill I can see where its going or what the hints are telling me.

But since she suggested a movie and a dinner I would say its probably a date cause usually Just Friends wouldn't PLAN where they re going or at least they would go out and do goofy things, it doesn't have to be "Planned"

Go out with her and try to pay attention for those little hints and signals she's sending, if she's smiling a lot for example, if she's talking about personal things, like a one on one conversation, if she's playing with her hair a lot ( yeah gurls do that when they like a guy) or perhaps she's going to be more dressed up than usuall, that means she's into you and that its probably a Date!

What Girls Said 7

• if she doesn't consider it a date, she's at least VERY into you...

since you aren't super close, I'd say its not quiet hanging out, but not quiet a date... kinda inbetween.

unless she somehow makes it clear that its a date.

lucky you!

• I hang out with my guy friends one on one all the time and it's not a big deal.

But if this isn't something that she usually does, then I would consider it date-like

• Ya, but I have a lot of guy friends so it might be easier for me. Ask her if anyone else is coming or just wait and if she gets you to pay or pays for you it might be since you two obviously aren't that close

• i think this is most definitely a date :] congrats!

• Yeah I think it's fine to hang out w/a guy friend. it's probably a date but don't consider it a date just hang out.

without all the other friends it is different because you guys will talk more one on one but that's about it. but yeh it's a date..

• Since you two don't usually hang out one-on-one, I think it's a date.

• date.

What Guys Said 2

• This is definitely a date... She just suggested 3 date scenarios. I would treat it like a date... I would play it cool though because she's a friend and you don't want it to be awkward. Just take it slow and don't say it's a date (just know that was probably her intention), just hangout with her like normal and let it happen :)

• she likes you. its a date.

you got a lucky one, I don't hear about something like that happing to often

but you have to be cool about it.

just make it seem like it just you two hanging out.

dont forget to be friendly, you know, hug her, playful pushing and teasing stuff like that.

almost treat her like a sister...almost haha.

have fun