Girlfriend removed our "Relationship Status" off social media? Any insight on this? We've recently started dating after being friends for a year?

Thanks for the opinions, I'm just "nervous" in the sense that A LOT of guys message her. Obviously I trust her, but I just think the status was a little barrier between them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Relationship status changes no matter if they are going from Single to Relationship or Relationship to It's Complicated, or whatever, whenever there is a change, friends go nuts. "Are you okay?" "Oh when can I meet him?" "Who's the lucky guy?" And then you get stupid comments from friends you can't control like, "Aw damn there goes my chances" "Hope this one is better than the last one." Some people don't understand that their trite outbursts on FB can actually be really annoying and cause some hurt when they think FB is a forum to just show how cute and funny you can be when making a comment.

She probably took it down for this reason - to save the nosey people from commenting and just wants your relationship between the two of you. It's pretty obvious too that if you've been friends for a long time and now add you as the boyfriend that friends are going to make cracks she just doesn't want to hear about.

However, there IS a stigma attached that she doesn't seem proud to be with you. FB was originally made up to be a social business card with all of your stats in full view, and then later on as a way to celebrate what is going on in your life. If it really means something to you, tell her you want to scream it from mountain tops that you're together and ask her if she feels the same. I'm sure once she explains herself it will be clear. It's very likely just a privacy thing to spare the nonsense comments.

• The last time a guy made a big deal about me not putting our status on Facebook so I did it and even posted pictures. The whole family knew I was dating someone after that and got someone I didn't know to add him as a friend to get information about him. I'm very private about my love life so I tend to be the same way online now a days but I was not comfortable with it and eventually hid it from everyone's view but he was the only one who could see it to make him feel better. People over analyze social media too much they love the idea of being in a relationship just so they can brag about like the other people they see but that can be poison for a relationship especially if it is new.

• That's very true. I was on my husband's FB for a while and then made it to Relationship status, and weirdly enough I had some of his friends request to add me. I told him about it and he was pissed off. I didn't add them, but it just goes to show that some people feel entitled to know others' business no matter what. That damn status does it all the time.

What Girls Said 4

• Ask her, and see what she says. Has anything changed in her behaviour? Is she acting distant, and a bit quiet?

• maybe she doesn't wanna make your relationship public

• Either she doesn't want it to be publicized or something's up, just talk to her and find out

• My guess is that she doesn't want anyone in your business. You should just ask her though.

What Guys Said 2

• She is afraid to commit or someone influence her.

• Sounds like she doesn't want anyone to know you two are dating?
    She could be cheating on you? I wouldn't trust her.

• Lol, just click on the face icon in ur opinion box. I think tht should help

• I know I'm just afraid to let everyone know who I am