Are some guys just not into texting?

So I've been seeing this dude for a month and he's admitted to liking me. And actually he's said it scares him on how much he likes me in a short period of time. When we hang out we're all
over each other.. PDA and all that haha and we do talk, but when we're not hanging out, he doesn't text much. I'm just nervous because I work out of the city a lot and he works a lot too running a business, I feel like we might eventually lose interest in each other. I'm at that point where I really like him a lot that it scares ME lol haha so yeah.. That's my situation.

• I'm not much of a texter...
    80% (40)
  • I like to text a lot!!!
    20% (10)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
Thanks everyone! We haven't really seen each other in awhile, me being sick doesn't help so I don't know what will happen to us. I'm always the last to text and I'm not closing the conversation or anything. Right now I feel like he's slowly losing interest in me because of how our texting sessions ends and I feel like our work schedules are going to get in the way-- although I think it's only a going to get in the way if you let it get in the way. I'll see if he is still interested.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys hate excessive texting. For girls there is no such word as excessive texting.

What Guys Said 23

• I don't text. I don't even have a phone that can text. I like the time I share with her, and that is special, but I don't need to text, and know that she is getting a coffee, or she is at work.
    Maybe I'm Old-Fashioned, growing up without cell phones and texting. I prefer our time, together, without the fcking phones, and tech, when we just cook, and cuddle, and drink wine!
    I don't need to be in instantaneous contact with her, because I trust her, and we are together, and I don't need to 'check in' or her, every hour!
    The technology that has brought us so close is starting to mess up relationships with the perception of the NEED to be in contact, at EVERY moment!!
    Relax, and just accept that he likes you, but needs his space!! Guys need 'Guy time' and 'Work time' and that is as it should be.
    Give him his space, and everything will be fine!
    It's OK to be apart, completely, for HOURS, and then get together, and like the time you share, together, later.

• Being on here is enough cyber-life for me, the rest of the time I'd like to be in real time... so texting isn't a favorite activity, no...

• Some guys don't like texting, or they don't like to overdo it, maybe it's not their style and prefer to hold a conversation face to face.
    He may also think that by texting you he may not be giving you enough space and appear to be clingy.

If you want to text, just text him and see what happens if he texts you back, how long he takes to reply, how he replies...
    If you hang out every week, I doubt that not texting will make him or you, lose interest in each other.

• Hey he's probably worrying like you that he's invading your personal space so bring it up and tell each other that if you dont respond immediately its okay and that you will respond asap when appropriate. Sounds like a communication failure fix it girl before it gets worse. and if its a matter of entirely missing the text apologize! you and he will feel bettter if you just tell each other sorry i was busy and i didn't notice... etc. and when you feel more comfortable try to meet up sometime

• I wouldn't mind bringing it up but I don't think we're exclusive. We're pretty much seeing each other but he said he wants to take things slow. He pretty much said I can see other guys if I want to (I don't want to though). And if I recall correctly he said that he doesn't want to see anyone else but just wants to take it slow just as I mentioned. So I don't feel completely comfortable bringing it up.

• Some so some dont. Try a phone call. I know that is a lost concept to people nowadays.

• I text a lot because I think calls are a bit awkward, and from what I've found, most people in general dislike texting compared to other means of contact. I respond to texts within minutes, but with most people, if I send a text it's rare to get a response within 2 days.

• Really though, talking face-to-face is the only good way to talk. I prefer texts over calls, but talking in person is what I consider real.

• look texting is really annoying. If you text too little "he's cheating," if he texts too much "he's annoying" and if he texts once or twice every week or two the guy is a fu#k boy.

• Some guys aren't into texting. If i found a girl who would text frequent i would do it
    all i get is these girls who will text a little bit than not text for hours later.. Smh

• I don't like texting much, especially if I'm busy. It just takes all your attention, and if the person you're texting is a fast texter, you'll never be able to put your phone down.

• Yeah I would assume if the person is running a business and meeting with clients, texting would just be a distraction.

• Texting feels like a chore to me. I'm just not suited for this cell phone culture.

• I don't like texting huge amounts of information, it is tedious and the recipient might not even understand all of it. So, essentially, time's-a-wasting.

• I like to have face to face convo

• I text a lot, but I understand a metric shit load of people aren't into it.

• I absolutely abhor texting.

• I hate texting. If it is important then call me.

• I hate texting , fine with a full size keyboard , texting is fiddly & annoying too me

• I prefer computer over texting, i'm a faster typer than a texter

• Some guys are some guys aren't

• Some guys fear of coming off as too needy. So they limit it.

• I'd rather talk over the phone.

• I'd so much rather talk on the phone than text.

• I don't really text that much. A bit more for girls I'm interested in, but I don't sit on my phone and send 500 messages a day to all sorts of people.

• I am face to face person :D