Should I be hooking up with girls only?

I am 23 years old. I have had girlffriends before but not many, I look around me and i see a lot of peoplehaving one night stands and sleeping around and that.

I find myself at a cross road, if i am missing out on just hooking up or biding my time for a meaningful relationship.
I am single at the moment. I know comparing one self to others isn't a good thing.

I am just confused to the fact if i should start hooking up with girls only or wait for a relationship and just keep meeting new people.

I sometimes feel i am missing out by not hooking up like most people my age are or if i am giving into peer pressure.

Any advice or other perspective will help thanks.

By girls only i meant if i should hoop up with girls and not worry about relationships

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there is a "should" or "shouldn't". It just depends on what you want, what you enjoy, what you feel comfortable with, etc.

Personally, I prefer long-term relationships, but if I'm single, then I'm open to hooking up as well. I've also had casual sex turn into a long-term relationship because we discovered that we really liked each other and were very compatible. I suppose you could say that my approach to sex, dating, and relationships is to take things as they come, enjoy them for what they are, and not try to force my interactions/relationships with people to fit a specific mould.

I have no idea if what you're feeling is just peer pressure, or something you genuinely want to do.

I guess a few questions:
    1. What are your views on sex and relationships, morally speaking?
    2. Do you feel that you need to have an emotional connection with someone in order to be comfortable having sex with them? (If you don't know, then one suggestion might be to give it a try and see whether or not it's for you).

I suppose one thing to keep in mind is that, while men tend to be judged less harshly for having casual sex, there still are plenty of women who aren't interested in having relationship with someone who has had casual sex or a high number of partners, so that may influence your choice.

Also, I wonder why you ask "Should I be hooking up with girls ONLY?" I mean, why does it have to be just one or the other?

What Girls Said 4

• Just wait for a relationship 😊 it would be hard for your next girlfriend to hear about all the girls you've hooked up with.. She wouldn't feel special, and you wouldn't be able to lie for long, let alone you shouldn't. So just wait for a relationship, this generation is disgusting. So be one of the normal ones :)

• you should be hooking up with guys as well

• Do whatever your heart desires.

• You aren't missing much by refraining from hooking up. Just keep meeting people and wait for a relationship - sex is better with love. Dont lower your standarda or morals just because everyone else seems to be.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on what you enjoy dude.. If you don't want to only hook up with girls then feel free to try men if that's what you're into. Make sure you're safe and use protection bro.

• Do what you want man, I mean, would you like to hookup? Then do it. Do you prefer having a meaningful relationship? Then go find a girlfriend.
    It all depends on what will make you happier.

• It's better to keep meeting new people and wait for the right girl to have a relationship with, cause that way, you'll fall in love and feel so much happier than just hooking up. And it's also more meaningful if you're in an actual relationship.

• You shouldn't... if you want to have fun, sure go for it.
    If you're looking for something serious, I wouldn't do it though

• Do what feels right for you. I have never been in a relationship, nor have I had the opportunity to do anything intimate with a woman. However I have no interest in the hook up culture