How come overweight women are beautiful and deserving of love, but overweight men are not?

Just seems that way to me, and, it's not fair. And, before you think I'm overweight or something and I'm just bitter, I'm actually a healthy average for my height and age, I just despise hypocrisy.

Most Helpful Girl

• You said it, "hypocrisy". Because in the eyes of feminists, men have suppressed women for so long that they DESERVE to be shunned by society. It's socially acceptable for there to be double standards that favor women. I hate it, personally. I think it's dumb. I hate this 21st century White Girl privilege crap.

• I know, I'm all for equal rights, but, first off, most modern day feminists seem to be hypocritical and overreactive, not to mention, most of them are upper middle-class white girls that I imagine had it pretty easy.

• exactly. Plus I hate how most of them will blame society for them being fat and then get angry at men for not being attracted to them, but most of them want hot guys. So ironic. Plus, I dunno, I just hate all the whinging. You hate being fat? Go to the gym and stop eating take away.

• Not even that much, me, I just do, like, a minimum amount of exercise and stay relatively in shape.

What Girls Said 8

• Um, everyone is deserving of love because I am not a bigot. Please take your strange sense of embitterment elsewhere.

• I'm not bitter, I am not, nor have ever been overweight.

• And, quite honestly, you don't actually know what the world is like because you haven't really lived in it yet. You're still a kid. Stay critical.

• So what, because I don't complain about non-existent issues? I'm black so I understand about what you're "expected" to be, I'm expected to be a criminal, to be ignorant, to be poor, and to die on the streets before I'm 40, don't act as if I don't know what I'm talking about. What I do know about these gender roles is that, throughout my entire life I have never seen women expected to be pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen, nor have I seen men expected to be gruff and mindless.

• Everyone does. I don't know if you've seen a recent commercial that displayed muscular men as well as overweight men in a positive light, but that's what they've been doing for large men as well as women.

I don't know why you'd think such a thing.

• I disagree.
    I give my overweight boyfriend all the love in the world. It's not about the weight, it's the personality. He deserves the love because he's a good person.

• This is more about feminism than women.

• Nowhere in your question did you mention women, feminists, extremists. You have an opinion that I counter argued. You then said "this is about feminism not women" (even though nowhere does it say this) I then challenged you on that point that you didn't ask that question and you said "well it's about society".
      Is it about society, feminism or some 3rd element you are about to talk about? I'm not confused, I'm perfectly fine.

• Actually, it's about the Greys.

• I don't know what planet you are from. I see plenty of overweight men with beautiful girlfriend or wives.

• double standards... very wrong..

• looks do matter but not that much the heart and the soul are more important I don't think couples who go for looks are really good couples and stay together for that long at least that's what I think

• I've never seen anyone express the opinion that overweight women are beautiful and deserving of love, but overweight men are not.

If you're talking about body positivity movements, they tend to focus more on women because women tend to face more body policing/shaming then men, and because these movements tend to be made up more of women then men.

• Neither are beautiful...

What Guys Said 2

• I've been on both sides of this and faced discrimination first hand. A little over 3 years ago, I was a touch over 400 pounds. Because of an unrelated condition, I had abdominal surgery, similar to weight loss surgery. I now weight 175 pounds.

When I was losing weight, I noticed that girls who wouldn't flirt with me before suddenly started to. People looked at me much differently than when I was big. Trust me, there's discrimination. I've felt it first hand. I'm happy for where I'm at, but that first year was the toughest.

• This sounds very biased.