Girls, is this sad?

I'm 17 years old and I haven't had a girlfriend? I feel like this makes me lame and it gets me down a bit, don't really get it tbh tho I'm nice to girls and I treat them what I consider nice and I'm polite to them etc. anyway if u knew me and knew I never had a girlfriend what would you think? I find it well embarrassing tbh

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, that's just as embarrassing as my sister who is 20 and has never had a boyfriend or gotten kissed. Just because you're a guy it doesn't mean that it's more embarrassing for you to have never had a girlfriend versus a girl never having a boyfriend. Personally, I wish I would have waited to start dating. It's not embarrassing at all. People need to stop getting so worked up about that stuff. It's really not that big a deal.

What Girls Said 19

• I find that quite rewarding actually. I've never had a boyfriend either and I don't really like people who go from girl to girl which would then mean that they kissed a lot of people. I want my first kiss to be special, you wouldn't want it to seem like any other person right? Anyway, that's cool.

• Well, some girls might think you'd want attention or you just might seem desperate. Sorry if that seems a little mean, but it's true. To me? Well, I think you shouldn't worry about it. There IS some girl who would go crazy over you. For a polite gentleman like you, I promise some girl would accept that. Don't feel bad. Either you go to her or she'll come to you (eventually).

• You're a baby. You barely are even alive yet. Haven't started living yet. Don't worry about it.

• i was 24 before i even lost my virginity. you've got your whole life to live, don't worry about it; there's nothing wrong with it. ignore anyone who says something about it because they're just being an asshole. you're fine bb. you'll meet a girl you really like and if she's the one she'll like you back and you'll figure it out from there. besides, as a girl, i find it very charming when i meet someone who /hasn't/ been around the block 20 times like most of the guys i know lol!

• Uh I'm 20 an never had a boyfriend. Your fine! Only go for it if you find a girl you like a lot. Date around if your interested. Never force anything though.

• Try 20 and never having had a boyfriend

• It's not weird! I had my first kiss at 17 and first boyfriend at 18! Don't feel bad about it, some people start a little late, and you are still so young! It'll happen when you're ready, for now just enjoy your teen years 😊

• I've never had a boyfriend either and I'm in my 20s, seriously though it's not something to be embarrassed of. Things come to people at different times, I'm sure you'll find someone and she'll find being your first very cute and special. Cheer up!

• Having a girlfriend will not complete you. Don't ride with that stereotyped thinking. I know you are a wonderdul person and you don't need another person for u to look awesome.

• doesn't matter. Not much people will think badly unless they an a hole. So dont sweat it. Later you'll find ur girl without having to search, as long as your open about it. Itll happen :)

• Don't get down on yourself. Some confidence could serve you well. Girls like a nice guy but not someone they can walk all over.

• I didn't have my first boyfriend till about 19 and I didn't think much of it tbh. Don't stress yourself:)

• I know exactly how you feel. I didn't have my first boyfriend until around 20 :/

• I'm 20 and have never had a boyfriend, not gonna judge.

• Not pathetic, just inexperience, try friendships first, if you and her really hit it off she will let you know she would like more... give it time and don't pressure yourself so hard about this. You are still so very fresh right now.

• its normal.

• i think you should embarrass the fact that a girl hasn't screwed you over. and to be very honest with you i respect the fact that you haven't had a girlfriend yet. keep looking and one day, you'll find someone who loves you for you and not the things you have which most girls look for at your age.

• It doesn't make you lame, lots of 17 year olds and older haven't had a boyfriend/girlfriend yet. Honestly, I wouldn't mind dating someone that haven't had a boyfriend before, it actually would be nice to be someone's first girlfriend!

• Not to be a bitch but guys aren't the only ones who go for looks at least a little bit, so your looks may be the problem (I haven't seen you so this is just an assumption) or maybe you just need to make a move.