Guys, does this guy want to date me or just hook up?

I've been seeing this guy for about a month. We hung out just as friends a few times, and since then we've just been hooking up a few nights a week. I've been hinting to him that I want to go out on dates with him, and he always says that the next time we get together that we'll go out, but that never happens and we always just end up hanging out at his house and having sex instead. I told him the other day that I want to break up with him because he never takes me out on a date. He said that he promises he'll take me out on a date next week when I get back in town. Is he just lying to me about that so I'll keep hooking up with him or do you think he's genuiney telling the truth and actually wants to date me now?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough to answer because I don't know the guy. If I was optimistic and giving him the benefit of the doubt: he does want to date you, but like all guys he loves sex. It's not malicious or calculated but if he gets sex without having to take you out on a date then why do it?

Try reversing the order. Go out with a guy first and then later have sex. A great saying I heard was "You teach people how to treat you" and it applies to so many things in life. In this situation you've taught him through your actions that going out on dates doesn't really matter to you that much because you still like him and have sex, and he's obviously cool with that.

What Guys Said 5

• lmao that's a dating loophole.
    This guy doesn't have to go through the anxiety of a date or the sharing of feelings, and yet still gets what he needs to feel good about himself... sex!
    The best part is that there is no rejection.

• Using you for sex end of story or he's lazy or doesn't want to spend money on you, you know where im going with this...

• I'd lie and just keep hooking up with you. Why date you when I'm already getting what I want?

• He just uses you for sex. Dump his ass!

• Just sex...