Why can't I get a BF?

All the time I'm told I could model and that I'm stunning.. I'm not joking this is literally everyday I hear it and it sometimes gets tiring because I have to smile and say the same bashful thank you all the time. Yeah it's nice to receive the compliment but after a while it gets annoying because if this is the case why don't any boys approach me then? I'm going to be 18 soon and I desperately want a boyfriend

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, don't say any of this to guys... I am sure it is true and you are not actually this way, but we tend to think a girl is stuck up or full of herself when she says things like that...

I will also say, lots of guy pass over really attractive girls because we just assume she is either taken, or not interested. (or possibly too much of an effort).

I have two very close female friends who get asked out on dates so much, I can't recall a weekend where they did not have a date... the problem is (and maybe for you too as you get older) the guys that do go after really attractive girls, tend to be stuck up and full of themselves lol

I know at your age, I would leave a girl such as yourself alone as well. unless she showed interest in me first. But now, after knowing these two friends I mentioned, I know that being a nice guy and normal actually is what a lot of girls want over looks and the really attractive ones can struggle to find that...

• Oh no I would never say those things to anyone! I don't even think it myself it's what people say to me. But thanks for your advice maybe they just don't want to talk to me I don't know

What Guys Said 5

• When I see a really good looking girl I think, I look aiight but I'm probably not in her league, she's also likely to be taken. That might be a contributing factor in your case.

• Hmm good insight thank you, maybe that is the case. But then why do I see other pretty girls with bfs?

• If the guy is as good looking then it figures. If not then maybe he was bold, or she did the asking, or circumstance threw them together.

• Go and approach boys then if it's so frustrating.

• Maybe she doesn't have the confidence? I have the same issue

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH OH MY GOD THE DESPERATION TO MAKE ME FEEL HURT. GOODBYE TWAT call me ugly all you want you look like a washed up rat @chuppachup and that's one thing I KNOW I'm not

• Hey, guess what? I've got another account to!
      That's the thing. I know I'm not ugly as you so everything you are saying is completely useless. At least I'm not so ugly that I can't put a profile picture because it would make people vomit.
      You ugly little animal. You seem like you are hungry for some more cat food, go to your bowl. You should seclude yourself from society so no one has to lay their eyes on your poor excuse for a face, you disgusting little cockroach.
      I'm not desperate to hurt you, I want to give you a taste of your own medicine because you are so low that you bring up my looks when you are losing an argument. That's even lower than being so desperate to get a boyfriend but not even putting in effort to get one lol. Yet, you are so desperate to insult me that you even learned to use the block feature! Just for me! I'm flattered.
      I'm done arguing with you. You'll probably block me after this anyway lol. Have a shit day, you absolute rodent. I hope you can afford surgery

• Have you tried asking a guy out? A lot of girls complain that they can't get a boyfriend, but they haven't even tried approaching a guy themselves.

Sitting by the sidelines and waiting for guys to approach you isn't going to work, obviously. You need to take matters into your own hands, and ask a guy out.

• But there's the obvious fear of rejection and worry that he's just going to go and tell all of his friends... That's the only thing stopping me

• @frostysky well, guys are just as scared of rejection. You have very little to lose, just ask him out, or you might regret it.

• I'll try it thank you... Or maybe up my flirting game lol

• Don't feel bad I haven't had a girlfriend in 11 years

• Plenty of boyfriend are waiting for you here

What Girls Said 2

• You need boyfriend? or do you need love?

• Then you gotta wait. Don't just fall\search for anything. Find someone who would be worth the wait.

• In the mean time, build your career and make a life a sensation.

• you're still so young! you'll find someone.