What did he mean that I'm bargaining with him?

So I was texting my ex last night, and I said how being in his arms was amazing, he didn't say much, and then this morning, I asked if ever got sore from his new job like he used to, I said I could give him a massage (just for the hell of it though) and then he says "Just like I thought. Stop bargaining with me. Talk to you later after I wake up. Bye." I didn't reply. I'm so confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• it means like dealing.

• I wasn't make a deal, i was just asking. I just want to be thoughtful. I never asked him for anything besides spending time together

What Guys Said 1

• He might think you're going to ask for something in return or use the massage as leverage at some point in the future.

• The only thing I want is him and to spend time with him. It just came across my mind and I thought I'd ask. Maybe I just want to be thoughtful

• I didn't see the part about him being your ex. He might think you're trying to get back together with him.

• He already admitted he wants me back, bit I only asked him that cause it came across my mind and I thought I'd do something nice, to make him happy, just to be thoughtful, just something nice, no reason reason. I wasn't asking for anything

What Girls Said 1

• Why is he so emotional about it? Just ignore him. He'll forget all about it in a day or two.. men are stupid like that.

• I don't where he got that. My god, i was making conversation. Maybe I wanted to give him a massage just to be thoughtful.

• What makes you think he wants you the way you want him? Do you have evidence? Do you have proof?

• because he said so