Guys, if you like a girl how do you let her know?

I really like this guy. We've been kinda-sorta dating for the past several months on and off but our schedules have always been conflicting and other things have prevented us from seeing each other continuously. So basically we recently started talking/hanging out again, and I really enjoy spending time with him. We are finally at a point where our schedules allow us to see each other more.

Anyway... I've been texting him pretty often lately, and try to let him know that I'm into him by sending smiley faces a lot in my text messages and telling him I really like spending time with him and would like to see him more often, etc.

His answers are kind of short and curt and he usually takes a long time to reply, or when I suggest we hangout he will say no because he is tired from work or whatever, and he has even flaked a couple times which makes me think that he doesn't feel the same way. Should I stop giving him chances and move on? I like him a lot, but if he continues this behavior, then I won't bother wasting my time and energy on him anymore.

Well, I stopped talking to him for like a week and now he wants to hangout with me on Thursday...

I don't get guys. Apparently they like you more when you pretend not to like them? Where's the logic in that. Anyway, I'm debating whether or not to reply and give him another chance. I really want to see him, but part of me feels like I shouldn't. I don't know what to do.

10

Most Helpful Guy

• Just ask him. Tell him he seems disinterested in spending time with you. If he does like you hell try to get that idea out of your head immediately and prove otherwise. If he brushes it off or takes nonchalantly then he doesn't care much.

What Guys Said 9

• He's probably not into you. But if you're still really interested, you might as well be blunt about it and ask him. At least then you'll know.

"Hey, so in case you didn't notice, I kind of like you. You don't seem too interested though, so let me know if I'm wasting my time—and be honest. :) "

• Text her first at least once a week, ask her to hang out or do stuff with me, compliment her and such, flirt.

Right now my crush is a girl I used to work with. I quit that job about 1.5 months ago and I've only seen her once in person since then. So it kinda sucks that it's all over texting.

• Either u have been dating or not? Kinda sort of at 20? You need to let him know u consider him ur man and he should think of u as his girl period. Then u will know if he is with it. Dont be shy or some other girl is gonna bag him and u will be pissed off

• As in, I haven't been dating him exclusively. We have reconnected at random times, but never anything serious between us. I don't want to rush into a relationship with him though, especially if I'm not sure that's what he wants. It would just be nice to feel like he genuinely wants to see me as much as I want to see him.

• Yeah ur pretty so on looks alone he wants to be with u

• I tell her right out, "Hey, I really like you! I want to see you as much as possible!"

• He's definitely not into you, when we like a girl we would do whatever it takes to see her regardless of the time, distance, or how tire we are. I live in NJ and I dated a girl from Washington and every other weekend I drove 5 hours each way just to see her for at least 2 days

• Well, it's not like I expect him to text and hangout with me constantly because we both have full time jobs and other things going on in our lives, but it would at least be nice to feel like he genuinely wants to talk to me and see me. I told him I felt like he didn't really want to talk to me, and he said it's not that but he's just tired from work, etc. Still, I'm tired too and I can manage to send a quick "hope your day is going well :)" text or whatever.

• Seems like you are having bonding problem. Stalk him and find out things he likes to do and then be like..
    "Hey do you like... ? Dude its a lot of fun "
    "What? yo kidding.. you do that too !! ?"
    " Lets do that together sometime."

• That seems pretty fake, first of all. No one likes a pretender, and it comes off very obvious when you pretend to know/like things that you don't. And I wouldn't say "Dude, it's a lot of fun." That's just asking to be in the friendzone. I'm not one of his guy friends.

• I don't think it'll get you fzoned because you are already dating right? at least thats what you said..

• I dont i keep it to myself

• No proplem its easy give em some weed

• Yeah, I don't smoke.

• Ok give em some thing he likes

• Like u must discover the stuffs which make em happy and make it !!

• So I guess that girl you liked, wasn't interested?

• I don't get why you went anon for that... stalker much, lol. And as I said, she had a boyfriend, plus I wouldn't date a coworker regardless.

• Only low self-esteem pussies get offended by what people say on the internet :P

• Nope, it's more, how you're supposed to act on here, and well, calling people a pervert isn't exactly the correct behavior young lady