Is it appropriate for my girlfriend to dress like this when she is dating me?

My girlfriend is gorgeous sweet and loyal. But sometimes i am not sure about the way she dresses.
Sometimes she wears either tight low rise jeans or jean shorts. She wears a short short to the point you can see her bellybutton, and she wears leather jackets and jeans a lot. She has a nice body and probably wants to show it off but i don't know how i feel about it. No because i think she is trying to get other guys to see her but because other guys might get the wrong idea. I don't want to be controling but i wonder if i shoud communicate my feeling about this to her.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes? she's allowed to wear what she wants. she obviously likes how it looks on her and it boosts her own confidence. she shouldn't be inhibited with what she wears just because you are insecure and worried what other guys might thjink of her. im guessing this is also how she dressed before you two started dating? why should she change? you knew what you were signing up for when you started dating her, and a women's fashion choices- surprise surprise- are not centrally geared towards attracting the desired sex, be it male or female. More often they are based on what makes her feel comfortable and confident.

And look, if you two are really meant to be, then it shouldn't be a problem what she wears. if anything, it can only help you, so when you two go out and guys go "damn! she's gorgeous!" you can go "yeah! and she's MY girlfriend ;)"

What Girls Said 2

• A girl should be able to wear whatever she's wants, but at the same time if she is your girlfriend and she cares about you she won't mine dressing a bit more appropriate if that's what you prefer. For example, I didn't usually wear a lot of red until I found out that it was my boyfriend's favorite color, but now I wear it more often because I know he likes it. Every girl might have a bit of a different reaction, but I would just talk to her. Just make sure you explicitly say that you trust her if you do.

• i dont think it is.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's dumb for women who are already dating to be showing themselves off.