Should I tell him I like him?

Hello :)
I am 17 and basically had feelings for my best guy friend since we were around 14. He liked me too, but for some silly reason i had this idea that it would wreck our friendship if we dated (plus i was on;y 14, i had no idea what i was doing.) Even after he made the first move, i kind of friendzoned him. You may think this would wreck my chances, but it didn't. He still liked me, but he let it go, assuming i didn't like him. (I know, i'm an idiot!) For the last 3 years we've occassionally seen other people, gone on a few dates etc. but never committed to a relationship. I've still had feelings for him this whole time, but i've pushed them aside, thinking it wouldn't work. Im 99.999% sure that he has also had feelings for me this whole time. My friends, parents, even his parents all have told me lol. On valentines day this year he bought me this massive bear, literally the size of me, and i still didn't tell him how i felt. In the last few months he's really grown up a lot, and my feelings for him ave gotten a lot stronger. I have now admitted to myself and some close friends i really like him. A few weeks ago i was about to tell him how i felt, but one of my best friends approached me and told me she's liked him for the last few months. I was so upset- i haven't told either of them how i feel. I dont know what to do. He's made a lot of moves in the last few weeks, but i've had to practically ignore them because i dont want to hurt my friend. I eventually told HER that i liked him, and she wasn't mad, but is NOT OKAY with the idea of us together. But i've sacrificed SO much for her over the years, and me and him have always felt this way and i just really want to be happy with him. What should i do? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Such a difficult situation but if you guys give it a go and work out after all this time hopefully your friend can be happy for you. He might not even like her that way! If she was really a true friend she should be happy for you, it's not like he is her ex.
    I guess the best thing to do is just be honest with her and don't try and hide anything from her. I'm sure she would prefer to feel included rather than you keeping secrets. It seems like it would be a shame for you to miss out on potentially being together again.

What Guys Said 1

• Yesss do it 😊

What Girls Said 2

• Girl it is ur life!!
    The love of ur life u can't let go someone else also wants it!!
    Go to ur guy and tell him u want to start off

• Tell him you've waited long enough - don't wait any longer !! You will be so happy