Guys, why wouldn't you want to kiss a girl in front of your family?

This guy and I are getting seriously pretty fast and I've seen him a few times now. Last weekend I was at his parents' for three nights and when we were standing outside he said I want to kiss you so badly right now but I don't want to do that in front of my parents, it's too soon or something? I mean we are sleeping in the same room so I don't get why it's such a big deal to show a bit of affection (even touching is too much)?

Thanks guys. Point taken. It's just me.

9

Most Helpful Guy

• He might feel awkward showing affection to a woman in front of his family. When I first started bringing my girlfriend over, it felt really weird. Even just talking on the phone and saying "I love you" before we hung up was very difficult if my parents were around. I never saw my parents being very affectionate with each other, so I think that had something to do with it. They generally kept things in private, so I felt the need to do the same. Over time we both became much more comfortable with it. Your boyfriend probably just needs time, and I wouldn't worry about it.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't really like anyone who's watched me grow up, watching me do relationship-y things. That's just because they've been through it as well, they know what I'm like, they know my past and it's showing a side of me they don't know about. It's irrational, but I just prefer to keep it that way. My mum always felt awkward when I kissed someone in front of her, just as I felt awkward doing it, so we agreed I wouldn't where it could be avoided. It's not that we're embarrassed about being with you or anything like that - it's just a general thing.

• It's an uncomfortable thing to kiss in front of your parents for most people.

• He doesn't want to show affection in front of his parents. He must be old school as that is seen as that is disrespectful or weird in the old school times.

• It's disrespectful. Back in the old days people had these things called manners and you didn't just make out on any old street corner in plain daylight. You saved that kind of shit for the bedroom.

• There is something called respect for elderly. Try it some time.

• There is something called being kind. Try it some time. You're welcome.

• I'm not really trying to smack lips in front of my parents.

• Awkward. Won't do it.

• I do because this is who I am.