Guys, Why won't this man make a move?

I met this older guy 12 months ago through a friend/ his ex. She has now moved away, however he and I are still continuing a training course together. About two months ago, I started to see sparks. Smart, good looking, older man. Im 27 he is 44. we started hanging out, doing extra training and study. Having drinks and a few messages that were not study related. Two weekends ago we went out for lunch and met a few of each others friends. Then when leaving I risked hugging him goodbye, to my shock, he kissed me. Weekend just passed we had lunch and he asked me to a friends house for drinks. When I mentioned it was time to leave, he offered me to stay at hos house in the spare room if I wanted to stay. So of course I did. When we finally retuned to his house, with both of us a little tipsy, he made a beautiful soup and we laid on his verandah and watch a lightning storm. All very romantic. Then he proceeded to tuck me into his spare bed and go to sleep. When morning came, he was awake first and basically force drove me home rather then me calling a cab. I am very confused. I thought I had this all figured out? But I mustve read something wrong? Everything was perfect for him to make a move, yet nothing? Opinions? Has anyone had this happen?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to let him know it's ok to make a move. You should have said something simple like "Show me your room. Your bed looks so comfortable, could I just sleep with you?". He's mature, he isn't going to just take you against your will like someone my age would.

What Guys Said 6

• the age difference is the prime reason as to why he probably hasn't made a move.
    17 year difference. Yea age is a number, but the judgement's and the stares -_-
    He probably doesn't feel comfortable with the "daddy" type of role considering the age difference. I mean he did tuck you in right? so yea the age is really the only possibility I can think of

• Possibly something you said or did, also these days a lot of guys are suspicious of girls motives and it's practically impossible to trust them thanks to the laws.

• Maybe he's shy, or maybe he doesn't feel comfortable. If you really like him, why don't you make a move on him? Ask him out or something.

• He has AIDS

• he's a mature gentlemen props to him for not slobbering all over the young chick

• If he doesn't make the move then you can.