How to get over a girl?

There was a girl who had liked me a lot and i liked her and when me and all my freinds were hanging out this one guy who i know and we hang out with at times who i know says stuff about me was there. Im pretty sure she had kind of liked him to tho but i think he knew i was gonna ask her the next day and was jealous at the time leading up. I know i should of asked earlier but i didn't know this would happen. He goes and asks her the next day and has been dating her. And i saw them together a few times and it hurts knowing i probably could of been with her. Since I've never had a girlfriend. Anyone know how to get over that?

We were pretty close and being around her now is different. He probably said stuff about me to her. It just sucks so bad now. Im not sure how to think about her now either.

Most Helpful Girl

• stop thinking about her.

What Girls Said 1

• Been there, all I do is move on and ignore them.

• I want to its just i dont know where else i can meet other girls at. Whenever me and my friends are out he's there and i kind of am thinking to stop hanging out with them since she's with him all the time. It just sucks because he talks bad about her all the time to one of my friends. And when I'm around. It just seems like i will never find a girl. Like that would of been my first girlfriend. It just hurts really bad and is sad.

What Guys Said 3

• Learn from your mistakes and keep moving forward, more opportunities will come your way.

• It just sucks because he talks bad about her all the time to one of my friends. And when I'm around. It just seems like i will never find a girl. Like that would of been my first girlfriend. It just hurts really bad and is sad. I just dont know where else to meet girls that may like me

• Many times I thought my golden opportunity would never happen again. It does, over and over again. Next time you see a chance, take it.

• go to hawaii and slowly fall for your hotel receptionist

• delete her phone number and avoid seeing her around and start talking to other girls.

• I want to its just i dont know where else i can meet other girls at. Whenever me and my friends are out he's there and i kind of am thinking to stop hanging out with them since she's with him all the time

• Yeah you gotta branch out. It sucks for sure but every time you see her/him and rethink about the whole thing the clock resets and it'll take you that much longer to move on. It's hard. I've been through this several times and it doesn't get easier but you gotta bite the bullet, you'll be glad you did so this doesn't drag along for months to a year

• Yeah Thats exactly how it is. It just sucks because he talks bad about her all the time to one of my friends. And when I'm around. It just seems like i will never find a girl. Like that would of been my first girlfriend. It just hurts really bad and is sad.