Were your best relationships with people you were really similar too?

Were your best relationships with people that you shared all of the same interests with or people that you were somewhat similar with?

Like were you guys 100% the same or just somewhat the same?

Most Helpful Guy

• hmm not necessarily my last girlfriend was probably the one I had the best relationship with thus far with different but similar to myself, we shared similarities that complimented each other and mattered but were yet different.

Like we both enjoyed to cook but for me I just simply enjoyed cooking as a hobby and skill while she was going to school to become a gourmet chef in cooking and baking. Or she was good at drawing and painting but it was just more of a skill or hobby for her while I am an apprentice (now) and planning on making a career out of it, and in other things like music are tastes were very different, stuff like that.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope, wasn't 100% the same. I'm glad I wasn't. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone I was 100% the same as. What's important is finding someone that, on things that are extremely important to you, agree with you and are the same as you. For instance, if something like racism is a topic that you're really sensitive about and get extremely uncomfortable about and have really strong beliefs about, then I'd recommend finding someone else who shares the same beliefs on that as you. The reason is because, on those topics, you get really emotional about the topic. If you disagree on it, you'll start fighting out of just emotions and arguments fought out of just emotions are some of the most damaging and get absolutely no where.

If you have a few common interests, that's great, as well, because you'll have some things to talk about. However, if you have different interests, that means you can share your different interests and have even MORE things to talk about.

• I wouldn't know... Maybe *that's* what I'mdoing wrong 😊

• same interests i guess

What Girls Said 5

• My best relationships were with people who were quite opposite from me, but very similar at the same time...

• Not really. I've had two friends that were pretty similar to me and we would fight constantly. I must think I'm pretty annoying.

• Definitely, yes.

• No the question is were you guys 100% the same, or somewhat the same?

• That's what you meant, but your question was originally "Were your best relationships with people you were really similar to?" so I answered to that. Now since you meant differently, I'll clarify: Yes, we are crazily similar and we relate in almost everything. I'm talking about my current relationship, though, so it's not past tense.

• Yes... Lol filler

• I have only had two relationships in my short life so far and they weren't too bad. One of them was alright the other was amazing. They were both pretty similar to me. The only thing i need is a sense of humor. Me and my best friend are complete opposites apart from the fact that we both love to laugh and have fun/be weird. So as long as me and him are humorous and have a couple other common interests i think we should be fine.