Can teachers have realtionships with students?

i heard that teachers can get in trouble so like what are the consequences and does it apply to people over the legal age?

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Girl

• No, even if the person is of legal age. It's still frowned upon and seen as unprofessional since the teacher is in a position of authority. It could be seen as manipulation from both sides, the student being in some kind of relationship (most likely sexual) with their teacher to get better grades and to have an advantage over other students. Or, the teacher could be seen as manipulating the student, because if the student doesn't engage in the kind of activity the teacher wants them to (most likely sexual), then that teacher has the power to negatively influence the student's grades, despite the student not deserving it. And even if the relationship isn't based on manipulation, it's still seen as shady and unprofessional.

0|0
    0|0
    • So legal age or not, the teacher would still jeopardize his/her career. Either it's statutory rape, or it's just unprofessional and uncalled for.

What Guys Said 3

• if the students into you and you're hot, wait till he finishes school.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm talking about me being a girl student and a male teacher

• oh then na id stay away, that guys had plenty of time to find women, he's failed and is putting his last resort on school girls, na thats just creepy

• Not ideal. Of course they can get into trouble. They're in a position of authority.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they get in trouble. They'd get fired

0|1
    0|0
    • so what happens if you're under the legal age and have sex with a teacher

• It's stat. rape, and he'd go to jail

What Girls Said 4

• Romantic relationships with students is completely off limits and not allowed. However social relationships dont seem to be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Consequences: lose their job at best, go to prison if the student is underage.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not normal probably

0|0
    0|0
  • it does apply to people of any age. very risky for a teacher

0|0
    0|0