Girls, if you like a guy do you get nervous before a date and what are the signs your nervous?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Most girls do. To be honest how a girl shows nervousness varies. Your best bet is to see a significant change of behavior in your presence. The girl who talks a lot is suddenly quiet and vice versa. Common signs of nervousness is sudden clumsiness, becoming slightly frantic, talking fast, inability to maintain eye contact /too much etc. Her nervousness may also come with signs of interest (hair twirling, her complete attention, everything you say is hilarious etc.).

Although, I personally don't get nervous before a first date or any other dates. How good looking he is or what he chosen for us to do doesn't set me off either. It's only when I begin to like a guy that nerves or rather 'apprehension' kicks in. I'm backwards lol

What Girls Said 6

• Omg I'm a nervous wreck. I started to realize when I'm nervous, I talk a lot. So before this date I had, I told myself not to fall into old habits and ended up barely saying a word which I'm not sure was any better to be honest. I also blush easily and sometimes avoid eye contact. Talk about awkward eh? :p I think it's different for some people. Some might swing their legs or bounce their knee, back away if you're moving too fast physically, or bite their nails/lip etc. I'll probably spend way too much time trying to pick out an outfit and shoes as well haha.

• we dont let you see that we are nervous. haha! but yes, we do get nervous :)

• I get really shy, so I avoid contact and don't talk much and when I do, I may stutter. I generally display all of the signs of disinterest until the guy makes a joke or one of us does something to break the ice. If I didn't like the guy though, I wouldn't have gone out on the date in the first place, to be honest.

• When I get nervous I'm very serious looking and some guys initially think I'm angry or feel like I'm bothered by them, so after we sit down and start talking I just say I don't mean to be standoffish, but I clam up when I'm nervous. Generally after I put it out there the guy's more relaxed and so am I.

• Playing with my hair
    or wristband

• I know I get incredibly nervous almost to the point where I'm really excited but I'm so nervous I consider cancelling the date because I don't know what to expect from the other person. When I'm nervous, I tend to start playing with things in my environment while I'm talking (I'll reposition the silverware so that their parallel, touch my straw), I'll shy away from giving you direct eye contact but try to look at you when you aren't looking at me, I'll probably blush. When the dinner part is over and a kiss is being considered, I'll play with my hands and look down or look into your eyes and look at your lips then away when you catch me, or I'll smooth down my skirt multiple times so that it covers more of my legs. But every girl is different, I just happen to be more of the nervous type.