Girls, is there any hope for someone like me?

I'm not self-confident. I'm not charismatic. So girls hate me and think I'm a creep because of it. I'm alright looking, but nothing fantastic. I only have two or three friends, so I'm not the most outgoing either, I'm rather introverted. I've also never have had a date before... I'm incredibly caring, loving, and trusting, but I know that doesn't really matter at all. I'm not necessarily a happy person... Is there really any hope that I'll ever find someone? I know I'm not really what any girl wants, but maybe if they really got desperate enough? If there isn't any hope, is there at least some way to not care about being alone?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Caring, loving and trusting doesn't really matter at all? Maybe if they really got desperate enough? You don't want to be with someone who is with you because she's desperate. Really. A bad relationship isn't better than no relationship. But you need to work on yourself before you will be attractive to just about anyone. It's that "I'm not necessarily a happy person." Being in a good relationship goes a long way to make you want to wake up and engage life every day, but it's not the only thing. Figure out what you're passionate about besides having a girlfriend, maybe get professional help, and learn to appreciate life, not to be attractive but because it's good for you. It will, coincidentally, also make you more attractive.
    As for being outgoing, consider the "fake it til you make it strategy." I'm not painfully shy, so I know I don't totally get what you're going through, but I wasn't always as comfortable in social situations with lots of new people as I am now. I went to a summer camp one year determined that I was going to be the first to learn everyone else's names. Made for some uncomfortable exchanges when I had to apologize and ask someone for the millionth time to tell he their name, but it also made me one of the most popular people at the camp - everyone knew me, liked me, and thought of me as friendly and outgoing, even though it was totally forced on my part.
    Good luck.

What Girls Said 9

• I think it is a stretch to say that girls "hate" you just because you are not charismatic or confident. However, the best thing you can do for yourself is to work on your confidence. You say that you're not what any girl wants, but by how you described yourself, you have a lot of what women want. Your problem seems to be that you can't show them that because you lack the confidence to do so. Try online dating possibly. A lot of people find it easier to initiate conversation through a screen where it isn't face to face right away. It may be easier for you to get to know a woman and let her discover those things about you that way

• You have some really essential characteristics of a boyfriend 'caring, loving, trusting... These qualities matter a great deal!!!

• I dunno, it's like, it's not sexy though you know? I hate the whole "friendzone" thing, but it's kinda like that. They'll have me around but not want anything more yeah?

• You know what? The girl that will like you is somewhere around the world, ignore those girls who call you a creep. Cause you did say you were loving and caring and trusting. Those are important traits for a person like you. I like guys like you! So don't give up.

• I would date you tbh.

Maybe cause I'm kind of the same? But definelty! There's someone for you and don't feel discouraged. Everything at its own pace.

I'm 19 and just got my first boyfriend. All that time alone I did enjoy and yes I would be like... Is there anyone? Don't put yourself down okay? Work on yourself and your self consciousness. Love yourself okay? Good luck

• Uh , show us a picture and I could judge you if you could get a girl c:

Well, you could always get a girl o. o It's not like you're the only ugly looking and non intresting person xP

• you sound awesome, im all weird and fucked up in the head so id love a guy who is not normal, they should have emo dating sites or something lol.

• I'd date you!

• Well it is good to be with someone. You should try to go out with people so you can get to know them though. If you show interest it is a good thing. Try to practice by inviting people out. You just need to try.

• There is hope for everyone , there will be someone out there for you, you just haven't met them yet